Thread: Bush signs terror interrogation law

1978 Rogers
    Here is the part I don't get by the liberal, democrats and rights activists. This quote from a story on Yahoo.
    "Many Democrats opposed the legislation because they said it eliminated rights of defendants considered fundamental to American values, such as a person's ability to go to court to protest their detention and the use of coerced testimony as evidence. Bush acknowledged that the law came amid dispute."
    The American Civil Liberties Union said the new law is "one of the worst civil liberties measures ever enacted in American history."
    My arguement for support on this is they are NOT US citizens. I don't feel they should have the same rights as I do. They certainly don't value America, its values, its people or our way of life. So, why should we grant the same civil liverties to people that want to kill me, my children and will die trying?
    "The president can now, with the approval of Congress, indefinitely hold people without charge, take away protections against horrific abuse, put people on trial based on hearsay evidence, authorize trials that can sentence people to death based on testimony literally beaten out of witnesses, and slam shut the courthouse door for habeas petitions," said ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero. Come on, there is an old saying, "If you don't want to smell like shyt, don't step it". This is to the extreme, but if this new law can stop another 9/11, I don't see a problem.

Extreme times (war times) require extreme measures. It seems some have forgotten we are at war (click the link in my sig for a refresher).
    What the critics and entitlement queens don't realize is that freedoms only exist if defended from those who wish to extinguish them. They are not granted by God at birth.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Exactly Rex.
    The greatest danger to this nations survival, right now, IS the ACLU. 'Course, that's just my opinion.

Old Texan
    Again: The ACLU should be abolished. Any tax exemt status revoked. These people are treasoness by nature and the cancer eating away at our society.
    They have no conscience and make no sense in their pleas to save enemies of the state. And by enemies of the state I mean people sworn to the demise of the American people by any means possible. Rabid dogs that kill indsicriminently.

deltaAce
    I agree,
    Maybe the ACLU believes this new law will target them in their (treason) attempts to undermine our Nations Unity.

eliminatedsprinter
    The American Civil Liberties Union said the new law is "one of the worst civil liberties measures ever enacted in American history."
    This insane statement clearly shows they are either totally dishonest or breathtakingly ignorant of U.S. History.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I agree,
    Maybe the ACLU believes this new law will target them in their (treason) attempts to undermine our Nations Unity.
    I have dreams of it happening, but isn't going to.

SmokinLowriderSS
    This insane statement clearly shows they are either totally dishonest or breathtakingly ignorant of U.S. History.
    Yes, and Yes. Both counts.