Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racing videos of the aluminum type

sleekcraft78
    Those are sick. Where in Cali do they run? Is there a sprint track here also?

ravencrew
    Cole TR2 wrote: "Are these races or just guys getting together to have fun?"
    The videos I posted Are actual races. The Sundayday Drive video is highlights from Three of the races in the U.S Championships. The second video Class IV was filmed in Riggins Idaho. That race has been going on since the early 80's,It's called the Idaho Salmon Cup.The Salmon race is the second race in the U.S Championship points race. The Salmon HAS the Biggest water in the whole circuit. There are 5 races in the US Championships, each race has a minimum $10,000 purse (most are way more than that) and prizes are paid down three places in each class. Trophies are awarded down three places also. At the end of the year prizes are awarded for the high points winner in each class as well as a very nice jacket. Everybody is after the jackets. The classes we currently run are A (468 cubic inch), any naturally aspirated mods, B (366 cubic inch) as above, BBFX big block crate motor (ZZ502 and Big Block Ford), SBFX (ZZ4 crate motor, GT40 spec Ford). The slowest class, SBFX is currently running mid 80s, also has the most boats racing. You are allowed any hull over 16 feet. All are aluminum, but you can make them out of anything you want. You have to use a jet pump, with any mods you want. You have to use chromoly rollbars, 5-points, fire proof driving suits, helmets, Lifeline or equivalent jackets. You have to carry extinguishers, tools, ropes, first aid, etc. For more info check the site at http://www.jetboatracing.com
    sleekcraft78 wrote: "Where in Cali do they run?" "Do they have a sprint track here also?"
    The race in Cali is run on the Trinity River in Hoopa California. That race has a special atmosphere.The race organizer is Merv George.The race is held on the Hoopa Indian Resveration,That race is just one big party.Lots of boats and Lots of speed.The boat in the video that spins out is on the Trinity in Hoopa. That boat and another were seperated by a 1 second margin in the race. There are no SPRINT tracks in the area unfortunatly.

Boatcop
    Hey Raven,
    What do you guys think about Thunder Jet jet boats? We're looking at them for our Lower River patrol boats.

ColeTR2
    Thanks for the info it looks like fun. I'd like to see them in person some day very cool.

ravencrew
    Boatcop wrote:" What do you guys think about Thunder Jet jetboats"?
    I have personally have not heard of that maker.The jetboat makers around us are: Mike Boulton boats, Willy's boats, North River, Jetcraft, River Wild. If the boats are welded and not riveted they should do just fine on the river. I think it just comes down to Driver Preference: How it turns, planes, and just down right handles. My boat is made by Eagle up in Alberta Canada. I'm very happy with it.
    Hey Cole TR2, If you keep looking on the jetboat racing site they will post the dates and times of next years races. Some of the races attract pretty good crowds!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12