Thread: 59 Glen L

scottys
    Looking at a 1959 Glen L flat for a project boat.Anybody heard of one?It's a drive for me to go see ,and the seller does'nt know much about it.

GofastRacer
    There are several different ones, get a picture of it!..
    Glen-L

CircleJerk
    Our first boat! A 1956 Glen L Still sits in our back yard, as a composter! Thats right, for garden waste. All the reusable hardware is in our race boats. She was too rotten to repair even with her 394 Olds tri-power mill! The v-ddrive is in one of our old boats and still running. These were kit boats and their appeal is usually only as good as the original builders talent. Thats my opinion, but its looks didnt dampen my enthusiasm, only start us on a really enjoyable V-drive ride with many boats to follow! smile_sp

scottys
    Thanks for the info.This one is the dragster model and is fiberglass (should hold up to years of composting) The fact that it is running with a hemi in it drew my attention.I'll grab a picture of it Sun.

AzDon
    It's VERY unlikely that ANY '59 Glen-L would have been built in a mold, since Glen-L sells only plans and kits for building fiberglass-skinned wood boats TO THIS DAY!! A wood boat from 1959 is 99% likely to have deteriorated to an unsafe condition! The other 1% are the ones that were kept indoors, kept fanatically sealed from water, and cleaned and hand dried inside and out after every use. I'd only pay what the hardware, engine and trailer are worth to another project boat!
    [ August 10, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: AzDon ]