LOL... I guess we agree to diagree.
But it was her husband who decided to let her pass on not democrats.
The court ruled in favor of the husband, lawmakers tried changing the law to help stop her husbands decision to take her off of life support.
As far as the democrats killing her. Thats an extremely untruthfull exageration. They didn't decide to pull out her feeding tube. Her husband did. So how did they have anything to do with it?
Earlier you said... "When government is given the power of who lives and who dies it places all of our lives in government's hands and that scares the sh*t out of me."
I agree with you 100%.
But I though it's a lil ridiculous to sum it up like "would you rather have the left tryin to kill you or the right tryin to save you" in your last post.
I don't want either situation. Which is my point. It's a family matter, gov't should be left out, and it was the repubilicans which actively tried to decide the fate of her life. If the democrats did similiar, please point it out. But I fail to see how they tried to decide what happened to her as blatently as the rep's did.
Like I said.... I guess we just diagree.... and thats OK. :rollside:
I followed the Shivo thing a bit basically because I was travelling and listening to way to much talk radio. The point that I thought important were the right for a spouse to preside as the legal guardian and do as the patner wished. The law gave the husband that right and courts reviewed this case enough for judgement to stand. It was a horrible position for the family as they truly believed Teri could recover. The autopsy proved them wrong. Her brain had atophied to vegatable status.
The family felt Mr. Shivo was wrong on many points plus they felt he had criminally led to her condition. The local law enforcement apparently didn't see evidence to this effect and thus he was never charged. Conspiracy theorists have their ammunition .
The politics of the case were way way overboard and it came to be another right to live or die episode fought by pols and activists. The family and community suffer in these instances.
Until our society and media figure out all the negative effects caused by back and forth bantering about whose right, we'll never solve anything. Junk science and hearsay heat up every discussion making intelligent decisions impossible. Only when emotions can be set aside and moraly logical choices discussed can we gain any ground. Unfortunately today's social conditions do nothing but feed the radical elements of both sides of the aisle.