Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new Speedster...

ECeptor
    I had a friend who had a speedster. Was a great ski boat because of the holeshot and was fun in much the same way a jetski can be fun.
    BUT, it absolutely beat you to death in the wind blown chop we have here. It also wasn't big enough to take a group with you and have a floating party on.
    They are good boats for what they are, but I'd never give up my big block powered 24'er for one.

TOBTEK
    http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...81215332_1.jpg
    is that the new 07 Evolution from Froggy? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    sorry....had too!

Froggystyle
    "The world's most powerful sport boat just became even more powerful With 430 thundering horsepower at your fingertips you will be in the elite group of high performance cruisers.
    We have that beat by double...
    The quiet whine of the intercooled superchargers will remind you that you are in the fastest accelerating jet boat ever built. 0 to 40 in 4 seconds, a time to plane speed that is too fast to measure.
    I bet we have both of those figures beat with a 27'er.
    I bet it is a blast to drive though. Any time you have that much holeshot, you are going to sacrifice top speed. We are trying to sacrifice holeshot right now for speed, to get a balance of the two.
    I don't think it is horrible looking. No more so than any other wakeboard boat out there.

eliminatedsprinter
    Looks like a fun ride.
    Aside from the storage space, I'm still waiting to see what it does that my little V6 Erude XP150 driven 86 Eliminator Sprint won't do. Besides use a lot more gas.

jbtrailerjim
    It's a purpose built vessel , doesn't have to look like a DCB . Lot of people drive Mercedes smart cars ,and I bet they don't give a rats ass what other people think of it :argue: :rollside:
    So, them making it look retarded serves some kind of purpose? C'mon look at that thing......It's just goofy looking. :messedup:

eliminatedsprinter
    So let me see If I get this right.....
    People who buy this boat are yuppies in a mini boat,.......and they're idiots because?
    ...that is the boat that best suits their needs and budget...?
    ...because it goes 59 mph...?
    ....they can do donuts in the middle of the lake...?
    Or.....its not a one off custom....Hot Boat?...
    I had one for 3 years .....I liked it at the boat show and bought it.....fit in my garage ...easy to tow.....cheap insurance ....taught my kids to drive a boat in it....dependable.....everyone had a blast in it...in calmer water....
    now....I did plenty of donuts in it......in the middle of numerous lakes ....after looking around for traffic....no one called me an idiot,or a yuppie....
    It started,and ran flawlessly for 3 years ....and I towed quite a few ...er.....hot boats back to the dock with it.....they didnt call me an idiot or a yuppie either.....
    kinda rash generalization ...dont ya think?....but I accept the fact that you are entitled to your opinion...
    Well Put.
    There is no need to insult those who drive what is clearly a fun ride.

Froggystyle
    http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...81215332_1.jpg
    is that the new 07 Evolution from Froggy? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
    sorry....had too!
    Funny, I almost did myself.
    Our industry would do well to look at the refinement, engineering and durability of these types of boats. If you gave me that or a DCB to have on a desert island as my only form of transportation... I will take the SeaDoo. I would actually take a Bayliner also.
    That is one reason I have never taken offense to the SeaDoo comments. I think that refinement, system building and cost management has been a large part of the mentality of building a lot of these craft. They perform well, are reasonably priced and last a long time. There are a lot of proprietary parts to them because nobody made anything that would work as well as what they designed, and they are overall built to be easily serviced by dealerships around the world.
    Looks like they swiped my swoopy moulding though...

spectras only
    It's just goofy looking. :messedup:
    So is the Smart car . Do you guys getting those yet in the us ? I like the look of a Dodge Viper , yet a hundred or so nerds at work thinks it's a fugly car . Go figure !

riverracerx
    I like it!
    I have grown up with everything on the water. Flatbottoms, jet skis, blown alcohol hydros, boogie boards. If it floats it is fun (to me). I don't understand why people bag on watercraft? I do agree there are bad apples that spoil the bunch and give jet skis a bad wrap. But they are fun and when in the right hands are very cool and exciting to ride/drive.
    An increase in price does not always mean an increase in "coolness". 30-40K for twin 4 stroke supercharged motors is pretty nice, in my opinion.
    And 0-40mph in 4 secs is lightning fast, for a boat. My full 5mm stroked, injected Blaster did 0-50 in 3 secs and it would rip your arms out of your sockets, with only a top speed of 54mph.
    I would buy one, if I was in the market!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast