Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic Racer Reunion in Washington!

CircleJerk
    smile_sp June 14-15 Boat Racer Reunion Regatta, Electric City Washington. {Grand Coulee Dam} one of the 7 wonders of the World. Free to the public!
    Boats expected to come:
    smile_sp Hydros:1956Ted Jones 266 {ran 151mph in 1959!}, 1960's Conn Craft 266 {Miss Miami! Movie Star}, 1960's Lauderbach 266!
    smile_sp Flats:{3} 1970's Sangers, 1965 Wickens-Aqua, 1971 Jones-SK, {2}1970's Mandella, 1978 Beisemeyer, 1980's Bezer, 1960's all wood, {3} Model C Lavey-Crafts, 1976 Lavey Sidewinder {Sweet Caroline}, 1978 Sleekcraft tunnel, 1970 Continental, 1975 Hondo Sprint, 1976 Cole TR2 {Pontiac}, {2}1969 Sanger, 1971 Rayson-Craft, Sciada, 1976 Barron sprint, 1971 Gull-runner Hondo, 1965or67 Wickens #1 long deck, 1974 Aqua-Shark, Howard T deck runner, 1964 Stevens {pontiac}, last but not least, 'Golduster E' rear seater 14' past champion. If I left anyone out, please add to this. Most of these flats will time in and Bracket Race each other for three overall winners.
    smile_sp I cant list all the boats for-sale that are coming but there are a bunch. Last year three boats found new homes that I knew about.
    There is also a Rod run and {2} shows, live band, boat swap-meet, racers potluck dinner, Family fun for all ages! AND THE FIRST INBOARD NOSTY HYDROPLANE RACE FEATURING OLD 266 and 280s! WOW!
    smile_sp I wish to thank all those who have supported us here on the boards and helped with the Boat Racer Reunion! A V-drive revival is truely a beautiful thing to see!! JeRkNheiN
    [ May 17, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: CircleJerk ]

RaysonKid
    Thanks , You answered my BIG question.
    Was wondering about towing something over to see about selling it.
    Now quit with the computer and get that boat ready..

CircleJerk
    Hi Rayson {raisen,raison} Crapt. smile_sp So glad you wont miss it this year. Seems like you do lots of work for other folks and not much time for yourself. Don't forget to volunteer for something fun. Like: Bikini or Liquor Inspector, Salvage diver {wouldnt be a bad place to dive} USDA meat inspector, etc. Still hope your Dad comes with one of those neat tow trucks and brings the Sanger or the Marlin. When my money comes in I hope to make an offer on it. Heck, you could wreck it out for the small price. I need R.H. stuff for my H2OCrapt. Dont forget to bring some boat stuff also for sale to pay for the fuel bill. Last year was a buyers heaven for boat parts. And as I said three boats sold for good dollars, 10G, 3.5G, and 6G.
    Oh, almost forgot, some of the VIPs include Funny Car driver and NHRA division rep: Gordie Bonnin { 240 Gordy } The Canadians sure remember him. One of the interesting interviews I have lined up. We also will be broadcasting on AM or Fm radio so bring a boom box with the cooler and pup tent!
    The alcohol show should be fast in the hydro ranks with three boats in the high 90's, and of course look for those vintage inboard hydros. We expect so many boats that a numbering system will be implimented to organize the lanches and free up pit space! Also, this year will feature a group picture shoot of all the inboards awaiting the start gun so we can share the excitement with you all here on the boards. Sound good? You Washington, Idaho, and Oregon folks should already have made your reservations before its too late! Sleeping on picnic tables is permitted, however.
    Bring boats, any kind, for the opening floating parade of colors while a celebrity sings the Anthem to start the show. {this is where the blown boats star} See you there! Going to the shop now.....JeRk smile_sp

FlatRat
    CircleJoik,
    Sounds like it's gonna be a good time.We can't wait to meet you and the bunch.Maybe pick your brains about set-ups and check other v-drives.
    See ya in a few,Tim

RaysonKid
    Jerkster,
    Check your PM's.
    Also would you like me to bring my scuba equip.?
    Just in case?
    Or is that handled?
    [ May 21, 2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: RaysonKid ]

CircleJerk
    RaysonKid:
    Jerkster,
    Check your PM's.
    Also would you like me to bring my scuba equip.?
    Just in case?
    Or is that handled? Do you have experience in this field or would you like some? I think it is too late to get your name on the insurance roster but maybe if you are willing for the future, what a great spot to view the race and I know we could use two divers when the ____ hits the fan! Dont you want to dive for recreation? Check out the Girls? I also sent you a Pm.... smile_sp

CircleJerk
    Flat Rat, I cant wait to introduce you to FlatRat! This could put a new twist to the phrase Pressed Rat! By the way, his boat is Yellow! Yikes...cheezy. Are you bringing a boat to the party? Remember to bring unwanted boat parts to sell and pay for the trip! Or trade for what you need and save. Back to the shop or I wont make it with two... smile_sp

CircleJerk
    News flash: One of the first Super Stock racers ever, may be attending this race! He also has rigged many boats over the years. We welcome him to our experienced inspection team and of course to the good food, entertainment, and SPIRITS! Thanks Vdriver4ever smile_sp It just keeps getting better and better!!! smile_sp

Flat Rat
    CircleJerk - I called Brian P last week and he said he might come over and bring the Howard. Talked to Ray with the 55 Nomad and Hondo he said he will be there. Al is going to bring two boats.

RaysonKid
    Jerkyguy,
    Thanks for the call today.
    Will see you there bright and early...
    Hope there will be COFFEE.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast