Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some more performance.

Dominator Scott
    I have been kicking around the idea of adding a Super Sucker between the carb and intake that I am running on this 460 Ford motor. I was wondering if you guys think it would help at all. Here are the specs.
    Ford 460 Big Block/Harman Marine Approx. 350HP
    Torker 460 aluminum intake(Not a Torker2 series)
    Hooker headers.
    800 Holley Double pumper carb
    What are your thoughts?

Duane HTP
    I have had very good luck with the Super Sucker on the 460 application. I would say yes. It is NOT a bolt on 5 MPH kind of thing. It will help a little in your low HP application though. At worst, it will help straighten up the lean to rich cylinders on that manifold.

Dominator Scott
    I have had very good luck with the Super Sucker on the 460 application. I would say yes. It is NOT a bolt on 5 MPH kind of thing. It will help a little in your low HP application though. At worst, it will help straighten up the lean to rich cylinders on that manifold.
    Do you think it would help in the top end/high RPM range?

hallettman
    dumb question. whats a super sucker?

Duane HTP
    Do you think it would help in the top end/high RPM range?
    Yes. You want the 2" one on that Ford.
    dumb question. whats a super sucker?
    http://www.highvelocityheads.com/ss.htm

I used to run the old Torker (not the Torker II) on my BBF. I played around with spacers 1" open, 1" four hole, 2" open. None of which made any difference. Probably one of the best things you could do would be to switch different intake. Maybe a Weiand Stealth, Edelbrock performer, or Victor.
    If your motor is pretty much stock, you probably won't see any gains by just changing the intake or adding spacers to the one you have now (I didn't). However, after having the motor rebuilt to 500 hp I found that it was just the ticket and my Weiand Stealth coupled with 2" spacer and a Holley 850 dp fed the 500 hp just fine. This probably wouldn't have been the case had I not pitched the Torker in favor of the Weiand.
    Not intended to be contradictory, just relating my own personal experience with the same deal.

LakesOnly
    ...adding a Super Sucker between the carb and intake that I am running on this 460 Ford motor. I was wondering if you guys think it would help at all.
    Ford 460 Big Block/Harman Marine Approx. 350HP
    Torker 460 aluminum intake(Not a Torker2 series)
    Hooker headers.
    800 Holley Double pumper carb
    What are your thoughts?Generally, I think you need an intake manifold more than you need the Super Sucker, but the addition of both would help. The original Torker is not a great jet boat intake. Get a Victor 460 on there or, if you can wait a month or tow, a newly released TFS 429/460 street strip intake and put the Sucker on one of those.
    LO

wright27
    There is always nitrous!!!

Dominator Scott
    Generally, I think you need an intake manifold more than you need the Super Sucker, but the addition of both would help. The original Torker is not a great jet boat intake. Get a Victor 460 on there or, if you can wait a month or tow, a newly released TFS 429/460 street strip intake and put the Sucker on one of those.
    LO
    I looked into a Victor intake but was told that the ports on the intake are bigger than the ports on my heads so in order to get any benefits from the Victor,I would have to have the heads port matched and I don't want to get into that. If the ports would match up without having to do some machine work on the heads I would buy one today.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast