Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone read any good books lately........

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I read Under and Alone recently. It is a true story about an undercover ATF agent that rose to a national officer rank in the Mongols. Pretty interesting stuff.
    LMAO! I'm teaching the kids about the Mongol invasion of China right now and I actually had to read that post 3 times to figure out what an ATF agent had to do with the 13th century. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...smashfreak.gif
    I just finished "In Cold Blood" by Capote, and even though I knew how the story ended, I seriously could not put it down. That doesn't happen to me very often.

DILLIGAF
    [QUOTE=My Man's Sportin' Wood]LMAO! I'm teaching the kids about the Mongol invasion of China right now and I actually had to read that 3 times to figure out what an ATF agent had to do with the 13th century. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...smashfreak.gif
    [QUOTE]
    That is funny Angie Maybe they could go on a field trip and check out the Mongols in person...lol They would be fine but you might get in a little trouble

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    That is funny Angie Maybe they could go on a field trip and check out the Mongols in person...lol They would be fine but you might get in a little trouble
    LOL, probably wouldn't be much different than what they are used to. You know I work in Perris, right? Good idea, I should put in a request.

Debbolas

just finished Vince Flynn "Consent to Kill" and the sequel "Act of Treason".
    Currently working on Michael Connelly "Echo Park" then Steven Kings new one...."Lisey's Story".
    and...........I KNOW I'm a nerd, my tattoo artist sister called me one when I told her my Hot Boat Name and I'm a Stephan Hawking Groupie
    Loved Michael Critton's global warming book
    and anything by Carl Haaisen, is that nature girl a new one? :idea:
    I couldn't get into the Historian, I will try again

BajaMike

Carl Haaisen, is that nature girl a new one? :idea:

yes, his newest one. :idea:

Debbolas
    yes, his newest one. :idea:
    cool beans
    I will check it out!
    Also John Mac Donald was an awesome writer, I read all the books my library had by him
    I liked the Jimmy Buffett book, but my friend told me something unflattering about him, so I don't like him so much anymore.....

YeLLowBoaT
    what about a classic??? Most of the books that i have loved have been older then I am...

Devil's Advocate
    “Forever Odd” by Dean Koontz was good, so was James Patterson’s “Mary, Mary”….
    All of John D. MacDonald’s “Travis McGee” books are excellent…..
    “Nature Girl” by Carl Hiaasen, very good and funny!
    :idea: :rollside:
    I'm a big Dean Koontz fan. I've got that one but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm finishing "One Doorway Away From Heaven" first. I bought "The Da Vinci Code" maybe that one will be next instead. :rollside:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    what about a classic??? Most of the books that i have loved have been older then I am...
    That is what I usually read. Classic American Literature. Although I did force myself through "The Prince" by Machiavelli recently which I would NOT recommend :yuk: English and European Lit :yuk: :yuk:
    But I love American Lit. Love, love, love, love

ratso
    I'm a big Dean Koontz fan. I've got that one but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm finishing "One Doorway Away From Heaven" first. I bought "The Da Vinci Code" maybe that one will be next instead. :rollside:
    I think I've been through a few of those doors... :idea:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast