Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with ebay these days??????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Why is everyone trying to scam people these days? It makes me sick to see how many people that are selling fake stuff:yuk: the biggest problem is that people are trying to scam mony from you here's what happened.....
    I bid on a item and I got beat by 6 other bidders. I get an email today and here is what it says
    I'm the seller of the item that you recently bided on through the eBay system. In compliance with the eBay's policy I will give you the chance to buy the item.The "Buy It Now Price" is equal with your last bid price. If you accept this offer the eBay's policy automatically proclaims you the winner. The transaction will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy and it will be supervised by eBay's Trust & Safety Department. Just contact me if you are interested to buy it.
    Ok that sounds fine and dandy BUT what about the other bidders?? I got beat by about $2k by other bidders. Now the guy wants to sell me the product for 2k less than the actual bid:yuk: The same thing happened last week on another item.

lilrick
    sounds suspicious to me .....beware!!!!

centerhill condor
    I have been getting those on every item I don't win...I just forward to spoof@ebay.com and that's all you can do.
    It is a bummer for sure! Imagine what mankind could be if it weren't for the bad guys!

AZKC
    Contact the other bidders if you can. eBay has a pretty good forum to ask questions in. I've heard of friends of sellers bidding the price up on Auction items so the winning bid is high

boater72
    It's a scam, as it happened to me today. This is what I got when I replyed.
    Hello,
    Let me explain what are the steps that you must follow to start and complete this transaction. You have the opportunity to purchase this item(the same Item in the auction) at your bid price of US $1,000.00. The ex winner had some problems and couldn't handle the situation (he told me something about his daughter being sick), so following eBay's suggestion, I've contacted you this way. The deal will go strictly according to eBay's rules and policy regarding to this second chance offer- to start the official transaction, I need to know your details:
    Full name :
    Full address:
    eBay User Id:
    Phone number:
    As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly). The delivery is Free.
    I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you. I am willing to deduct you with the fee for handling the payment procedure. Also, a refund policy will be included.
    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thanks!
    In a message dated 25.10.2006 18:34:33 E. Europe Standard Time, jeffser
    So I understand that the deal fell through? If so what is going on with the sale of this car
    You don't want to know what my next reply was.

boater72
    I have been getting those on every item I don't win...I just forward to spoof@ebay.com and that's all you can do.
    It is a bummer for sure! Imagine what mankind could be if it weren't for the bad guys!
    That's what I did.

djunkie
    Its the American way. Lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle.

Back Forty
    Its the American way. Lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle.
    Really? You should go to Europe where people aren't afraid to lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle. No guns and d*ckless liberal governments. :crossx:

djunkie
    Really? You should go to Europe where people aren't afraid to lie, cheat, steal, and smuggle. No guns and d*ckless liberal governments. :crossx:
    Ohhh, touchy aren't we?

ratso
    I got 10 Second chance offers on a vehicle... and get them on almost every vehicle I bid on that I don't win. Friends running bids up? Definitely. Ebay has the biggest bunch of crooks I ever saw in my life, and if they don't do something about it, they will start losing business. I am about to give up on all the scamming bullshit that comes from that site...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast