Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: blown Alcohol chevorlet for sale

SCR INC
    This seems like a killer deal at 9500.
    I think you guys should keep it and build Jr. a river racer for Big River.
    Or at least Steve can put togehter a hot rod for the river since the new boat will be only for the track.. I do believe he has a new bare Cole sitting around getting dusty. Shane you guys will be kicking yourselfs if you dont start building a new boat for the river also

lil man wayne
    THE BS HAS STARTED AND HE HAS NOT GOT THE BOAT HOME YET!!!!!! PERFECT :2purples:
    PS: THIS IS A NICE MOTOR AND THE GUY IS HONEST.. IT WAS NEVER RAN HARD
    It will be more like this the great white shark form up north vs the little harbor seal from the south.LOL

Monkey Bung
    7.60????? Puuuuuleeeaassseeee

Marty Gras
    I would have to say "weak suck"! Tony knows Roddy (004) and his 482" blown GAS motor went 7.73 in a great big 18' 6" Kurtis flat back in 1992.If you guys know what you are doing, then why brag about your ET and speeds on alcohol? Try doing something on GAS! You are all just lazy, or don't know better! Ask Terry Newton, who went 7.74 on alcohol how it happened! PS: Roddy went 7.21 @ 99MPH (alcohol) at Puddingstone, IHBA asked him to run BAF for his pass. (no licensed driver for the class) They knew he went really fast mid track, but let off at the lights. He just wanted to run eliminator class because he (and I) don't like capsules! IHBA needed a full field for BAF and Roddy was 3 in a field of 8! Who knows what the F#(# is going on in IHBA, day to day??? "I LOVE BOAT RACING"!!! You may have a nice motor, but i would not brag about the speeds or ETs!

flattie440
    did i forget to say that we had 10% in the blower 28 degrees in the mag and turned 7,000 RPM. i am not braging about anything the motor will run a 7.00 pass if you wanted to...were only trying to 8.00 second class anyway!! :argue: Here i can brag about this i have had the spark plugs in the motor all year :rollside: Also we ran gas last year and ran in the 7.50's and many in the 7.60 range with only a little 468 with a 8-71 on it.

Marty Gras, I remember watching Roddy haul ass in that heavy Kurtis and then I remember him not doing so well in Bakersfield in the Allnighter with the same motor. It was a stout piece for sure. Didn't Terry Newton get a concussion from smacking his head on the motor when he almost got pitched out it?
    But Shanes deal is not set up the same way. They are not going for broke. I never saw them hurt any parts all year. If they stepped on that thing it would run low 7's. For $9500 complete you can't beat that with a stick. Its the perfect River/Racer motor. If I still had the Harte Attack this would be the motor I would have in it.

TPI
    I would have to say "weak suck"! Tony knows Roddy (004) and his 482" blown GAS motor went 7.73 in a great big 18' 6" Kurtis flat back in 1992.If you guys know what you are doing, then why brag about your ET and speeds on alcohol? Try doing something on GAS! You are all just lazy, or don't know better! Ask Terry Newton, who went 7.74 on alcohol how it happened! PS: Roddy went 7.21 @ 99MPH (alcohol) at Puddingstone, IHBA asked him to run BAF for his pass. (no licensed driver for the class) They knew he went really fast mid track, but let off at the lights. He just wanted to run eliminator class because he (and I) don't like capsules! IHBA needed a full field for BAF and Roddy was 3 in a field of 8! Who knows what the F#(# is going on in IHBA, day to day??? "I LOVE BOAT RACING"!!! You may have a nice motor, but i would not brag about the speeds or ETs!
    LMAO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This post brings back some memories,,,,,,,,,,,,But I have to correct one small part,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think it was a 7.78 or 7.88 at 99 mph at puddingstone. I will have to dig up the redding video and watch it to confirm, but I was there too, laughing at Roddy trying to slow that old thing down.

TPI
    Oh and BTW, This is an awesome buy on a blown motor.

Marty Gras
    AAAHHH! To be young, and have a choice!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123