Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: diesel

axkiker
    ok so why is diesel more expensive. Its less refined than gas. It makes no sence.
    any ideas

Primetime
    Don't get me started on that.It pisses me off

havaduner
    Sense it's less refined, maybe there is more oil per gallon of fuel???
    Got Diesel at the Arco in Mecca on Sunday, big label on the pump that their deisel contains biodeisel. Still paid $2.65/gal.

Sleek-Jet
    Because all the yup-neck's went out and bought diesel pick-ups and SUV's... :idea:

JB in so cal
    Got Diesel at the Arco in Mecca on Sunday, big label on the pump that their deisel contains biodeisel. Still paid $2.65/gal.
    Do they have prayer rugs facing east, err west errrr...

havaduner
    Do they have prayer rugs facing east, err west errrr...
    No typo there. Mecca. Gateway to Glamis! LOL!!

Boatcop
    Found this answer:
    Diesel costs less to refine from oil. But while gasoline imports have increased to offset some of the supply lost from hurricane-related refinery outages, increases in diesel fuel imports have been much less, according to the Department of Energy.
    Diesel inventories declined by about 6 million barrels in early October, the Energy Department said. The tight supplies are partly to blame for diesel reaching a record $3.19 per gallon in Louisville yesterday, according to AAA.

gsb_77_xl
    Boi diesel does not have to be 100% bio to be considered bio diesel. We use bio diesel at work for the trucks and equipment and it only contains 10% actual bio diesel. I asked the fuel guy WTF is the point in that? he said it just a show for the public to think companies are doing something for the environment when they see the "we use Bio Diesel grown by Indiana farmers" stickers on out trucks. Kinda ironic that I work for a Logging company (doing something good for the environment LOL).

soupersonic
    The price grew higher because of the demand,meaning all you fockers (including me) went out and bought a new diesel truck to pull our rides easier.The EPA demands strict new emmisions on all the new vehicles,meaning they have to refine more sulpher put of the fuel.All adds up to more cost to refine and a higher demand.

billet racing 1
    So ho wcome my 89 Pete with a 3406 and 450 hp gets 6.5 mpg, and the 05 Pete with a c-15 and 430hp only gets 4.2 mpg. Seems we are burning 30% more fuel per mile, and they think we are polluting less.
    Run 19 trucks, and we are in the proccess of rebuilding a 91 Pete with the old technology and better mileage because of the cost.
    Jerry

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast