Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Tahoe

OutCole'd
    Um hello......

casean
    I've only towed with it once. My old Cole from Vegas to Kingman to store it for the Winter. Towed great, just never need it after that. I've always had a P/U, this is my wifes truck. I never launched with it so not sure how it does. Might be some other 2wd Tahoe owners here that can answer that.
    MileAge, I would guess 14-16, my wife does all city driving.
    Bump for a nice Tahoe.
    I guess no one else tows with a 2-wheel drive Tahoe/Yukon

OutCole'd
    Bump for a nice Tahoe.
    I guess no one else tows with a 2-wheel drive Tahoe/Yukon
    Thanks for the bump.
    What size boat are you towing & launching?

casean
    Thanks for the bump.
    What size boat are you towing & launching?
    It's a 23'er. The towing part isn't a problem. It's stored in Parker, so we only tow about 10 miles each way when we're out there. It's the launch ramp that concerns me. I've always have had 4-wheel drive on all my trucks. Last time I owned a 2wd truck was right after High School Driving our Duramax out to the river every other weekend is overkill, so we are looking into getting a used SUV for those trips. Save the truck for desert season. I'm still waiting on our Rhino to sell before we make a move on the SUV front. Supposedly someone is coming for it this weekend. Will see.

JB in so cal
    It's a 23'er. The towing part isn't a problem. It's stored in Parker, so we only tow about 10 miles each way when we're out there. It's the launch ramp that concerns me. I've always have had 4-wheel drive on all my trucks. Last time I owned a 2wd truck was right after High School Driving our Duramax out to the river every other weekend is overkill, so we are looking into getting a used SUV for those trips. Save the truck for desert season. I'm still waiting on our Rhino to sell before we make a move on the SUV front. Supposedly someone is coming for it this weekend. Will see.
    Sean. If you're worried about the ramp at Big Bend, don't. Prior to my current 4X4, I had a 2 wheel drive F250. Although it had limited slip, I never had a single issue there with my 23' or my Magic.

casean
    Sean. If you're worried about the ramp at Big Bend, don't. Prior to my current 4X4, I had a 2 wheel drive F250. Although it had limited slip, I never had a single issue there with my 23' or my Magic.
    Thanks. This is the type of input I'm looking for...and yes I am concerned about the ramp at Big Bend. We have always used the 4x4 in the truck.

Mrs. casean
    some of those ramps are nice and slick (site 6 as an example, although we don't launch there) but we just don't want to have to find people to get on the back of the bumper to get out of the water

JB in so cal
    I always begin to pull in 2nd gear and slowly accelerate. Drive puts a lot of torque to the wheels.
    Good luck with your search.
    I know OutCole'd and he takes care of his shiat! Queers usually do

Mrs. casean
    I always begin to pull in 2nd gear and slowly accelerate. Drive puts a lot of torque to the wheels.
    I do that too, always safe than sorry... even w/ the 4x4. I hope that's okay to do on 4x4??? It look clean for sure! We need the Rhino to see though before we make anything happen Fingers Crossed!

OutCole'd
    Not sure if I should thank you, or tell you to go to hell.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast