Since Jack doesnt do computers he asked me to post the following.
Jack's Comments:
I have receivd many phone calls concerning the possibility of the BOTE event moving from Lake Anna to Smith Mountain Lake. I have been asked if I would be hosting an event at Lake Anna if BOTE went to Smith Mountain lake.
I have spoken to the Lake Anna bunch, Joe and Kelly Bladen (drysumpjet and mrs. drysumpjet), Phillp Wangensteen (redleader@anna), Dwane and Emmit Perry, Don and Sarah Royster, Charlie and Trish Turner, Dale and Joyce Jones (kojak) and others.
Everyone has agreed to work together to make a 2007 Lake Anna event rival that the last 6 times that BOTE came to Lake Anna. We have picked June 8th and 9th of 2007 for the date. Friday the 8th will be a picture shoot and Saturday the 9th will be the big show and feast. The feast menu will will include hamburgers and hot dogs, fish platters or sandwiches, hushpuppies, and fries. The food will be available starting at 11:00 a.m.
The big difference this year is that we have made arrangements with Lake Anna Rescue thanks to PT Spencer, Chairman of the Louisa county district planner. All the food listed above will be donated and cooked by me and other volunteers. Lake Anna Rescue will be serving the food and taking donations for the food as it as you get it. 100% of EVERY penny collected for the food at this event will go to Lake Anna Rescue. This plan will allow people to start eating from 11:00 a.m. and eat when they are ready through the afternoon. We will also be asking every one attending to bring a dish to share. There will be no donations asked or collected for this food . As always there be a place to keep the food cold and or hot as necessary.
We truly hope that BOTE members will come and enjoy this event. We have met many nice people and made good friends as a result of these gatherings.
We plan to call this event Feast of the East 2007, Lake Anna, VA, but we hope that BOTE and its memebers will join us and decide to make it an official BOTE event. If that happens the event will be called BOTE and Feast 2007.
The event would be listed in the ***boat magazine upcoming events as BOTE and Feast 2007.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people who have called to thank me for my efforts at the past few events at Anna.
If you have any questions or comments, call me at 301-802-7615
Thanks,
Jack