Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments from Jack Weller at Lake Anna

HammerDown
    ... what about a get together before then... What do ya'll think?
    ...kinky :rollside:

Lady Warhawk
    ...kinky :rollside:
    Hunee, only kinky if YOU are there

limejet
    We also had the best time with you all at Jack's in lake anna..Met great people and looking forward to seeing you all again.. :rollside:

Wet Dream
    This thread sure has managed to get alot of attention and stir things up. Try to read this with an open mind. You can look at it any way you choose, but if we all sit here and bitch, nothing gets accomplished. These are merely my opinions and hopefully everyone can come to an agreement or some sort of understanding.
    I have spoken to the Lake Anna bunch, Joe and Kelly Bladen (drysumpjet and mrs. drysumpjet), Phillp Wangensteen (redleader@anna), Dwane and Emmit Perry, Don and Sarah Royster, Charlie and Trish Turner, Dale and Joyce Jones (kojak) and others.
    Everyone has agreed to work together to make a 2007 Lake Anna event rival that the last 6 times that BOTE came to Lake Anna. We have picked June 8th and 9th of 2007 for the date. Friday the 8th will be a picture shoot and Saturday the 9th will be the big show and feast.
    Kelly is only the messenger in this post. She didn't write it, Jack did. The worst part of this, is that the boaters didn't have any knowledge about planning, and wasn't given the chance to give any input to something that BOTE started. Ideas and plans came together at the Frosty Ball during the winter. The other thing, is the date was not released on the boards until January 1st since the Lighthouse did not accept reservations until then and wanted everyone to be able to reserve rooms at the same time. As for the feast, someone mentioned that quite a few people didn't bring dishes, but sure enjoyed themselves when it came time to eat. The idea was kicked around to have the whole thing catered and you would pay as you go. Nobody would have to cook, bring a dish or worry about anything...just eat. On the flip side, this is almost what Jack is trying to accomplish. Pay as you go, but still required to bring a dish, and the county rescue is serving us. The date. Believe it or not, thats the usual weekend that BOTE Anna would happen. We would have Memorial Day weekend, one weekend off, and then Anna.
    The big difference this year is that we have made arrangements with Lake Anna Rescue thanks to PT Spencer, Chairman of the Louisa county district planner. All the food listed above will be donated and cooked by me and other volunteers. Lake Anna Rescue will be serving the food and taking donations for the food as it as you get it. 100% of EVERY penny collected for the food at this event will go to Lake Anna Rescue.
    Jack is donating the food. That is a huge commitment. So...what happens if it rains? I don't know. The donations collected go to the community. We go to the lake, fill up hotels, buy the gas, food and go to the stores. We dump alot of money there in one weekend. Our donation of $200 went to CMN, and I'm sure they have no real idea who we are, nor do they really care. By having the local agencies there, we gain exposure, and hopefully some sort of acceptance. There are a few people that hate to see so many of us on the lake at one time making noise, and what could be better than having the local agencies on our side? Personally, I would rather have it that way than trying to keep us off the lake.
    nothing wrong with wanting to go somewere different thats for sure their is a lot of water out their to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is so true. I have no problem trying different areas. What makes Anna nice is that when you have 100 high performance boats in one area, we don't get harassed. We don't have noise restrictions or speed limits. How many other lakes are going to tolerate that? Jspeed made a post on here about the noise on Smith. Last year or so, here in Hot Spots East, someone was saying that the SC lakes don't like this stuff at all and got a fine. Maybe it was for no muflers?
    I agree with Sleekcraft76 (not just because he's my hubby) and Tim, I think it would be great to see other lakes (or even other parts of Lake Anna). Lake Anna just has no room for us. No offense to anybody, but Lake Anna was fun but not as fun as the other years. We go and sit at Jack's and stay. I know that we have a boat and we go somewhere else and sit, but the other years we (the whole group) went to different spots and talked and had a great time. People are going to do what they want to do.
    In previous years, there was always a thread about IDEAS for Anna. Some people posted up things, but most of the people didn't say shit. When we tried to hold competitions (roostertail) it became almost impossible to get more than 3 people to try it. The poker run was fun, but heard a lot of bitcing about how rough it got out there. Afternoon cruises? Never got off the ground because people rushed off the lake for showers, or parking spots or whatever. So there would be 5 boats on the cruise. There is nothing that requires you stay or even go to Jacks. Nobody takes the keys from the boat owners. Grab a couple of other boaters and go cruising, skiiing, tubing. Some idea needs to be sparked, because it can get rather boring just hanging out. We go there as a boating group, and not much boating is done. Go figure.
    Quote:
    mike we the [bote] group have talked about this over the years, we may have out grown lake anna and need to look for a bigger lake to hold our event at and if this means moving the event to a bigger lake with more rooms we the [bote] group may have to do that
    when this all started we had around 40 boats and we have grown to over 140 boats in four years, with ***boats help we will have 200 boats next year were will everone stay we only have 40 rooms plus camping
    just trying to bring light to the whole picture
    this will all be talked about at a later date
    You are correct. While we haven't outgrown the lake itself, we've outgrown the hotels available on the lake. Since that has been evident, thats the reason we started talking about staying in Fredericksburg. There are plenty of hotels to choose from that can accomodate all of us in one facility and still carry out the evening party. That and the variety of restaurants in the area is unbelieveble.
    how about
    i want to thank everyone for five years of fun and good times
    but due to bills devotion to jack and this event i will remove myself from the bote group and put my time into SOUTHERN ***boat GROUP to help out in anyway i can just as before, you win bill, your the man in charge, you make all the decisions on your own, and then bring them to light no matter what anyone or anybody thinks,and alot of other people think this also !!
    have fun brother
    i will no longer post on this matter, iam done tryin to help, your true colors will shine in the end
    i just hope everyone is still their to see them
    TIM
    Why give up now, after 5 years? My devotion to Jack? Come on. The guy has offered up his property, tools, money and help and so therefore; yes I am grateful and I admit it. I've heard alot of feedback from boaters that like going there versus standing in the water all day. We can still go to other areas during the day and boat. I don't know what I've won. I'm not in any competition. Please give me some examples of ideas that I have done on my own? My true colors? Care to elaborate on that?
    He's not trying to divide the boaters. We just want to have some events more south, instead of always up north. Some of us southerner's can handle the snow and the drive to come to any Frosty Ball. Everybody is more then welcome and encouraged to attend the events down here if they want. But, we just want to go see (and run) more lakes. There's sooo many out there. I can't wait for 2007.
    Markist asked to bring the Frosty Ball closer to the south. No problem. Some locations that were suggested included Fredericksbug and Richmond. I am all for trying out different lakes. When this whole thing started, we were going to Anna, and then Havre. Havre was put on the back burner due to the fact that not many of the southern boaters were making the trip. So in order to keep everyone involved, Anna was chosen as the location for the August BOTE. Why can't we do Anna in June, and then another southern lake in August? I personally would love to see Norman. Everytime I go by there, I'm in awe at how nice it is. Lake James would be fine too. I just don't go in October due to a 10 hour drive in the late season. I am curious though if we did James during peak season, would there be any problems with Boat LE? Obviously, you guys have the experience with the southern lakes.
    So, that for the most part is my take on this thread.

fakethis
    Keep it at ANNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not 2 many people like Jack out there . He is one of the nicest people i have ever met.Give 'em Hell Wet ! You want 2 buy a Tunnel................
    Mouse Boy there is still time for u 2 take a ass woopinnnnnnnnnnn :crossx:

MizBubba
    Yes, threads were posted for ideas for get-togethers, but none of the suggestions were taken, and we ended up doing the same thing as before. Many of us had asked for events to be held somewhere besides Anna, but that was never considered. The only 'official' planning meetings that were ever held were during the Frosty Ball, when attendance was limited by weather.
    I myself feel like the size of the event at Anna has robbed us of the camraderie we have enjoyed in previous years. Although it's neat to see all the boats there, you don't get to truly VISIT with anyone until you get back to the hotel. I am not ungrateful to Jack for his hospitality, I just feel like it's no longer a BOTE event, but a "Jack Event" (especially since the "BOTE" members he consulted are not even part of the 'founding' group.).
    These get-togethers should be about the boats, and the people. Not about popularity, politics, etc. I'm just as happy with a cooler full of sandwiches and drinks, as a huge spread of gargantu-food. Somewhere, the efforts seem to have been diverted into impression, rather than where they belong. I am not after impressing anyone with the size or importance of the event... I just want to see my friends, and drive my boat.

Jspeeddemon
    It's good to get the thoughts in the open and I see this thread drifting toward options for other similar events to lake, not in place of Anna. I'll bet if you poll everyone that is involved, you will find that it all comes down to people, fun and excitement, and boats. The more places that happens the more people will get together. Brainstorm some good ideas and get togethers and put it up for a vote, majority wins, and go from there.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    This is so true. I have no problem trying different areas. What makes Anna nice is that when you have 100 high performance boats in one area, we don't get harassed. We don't have noise restrictions or speed limits. How many other lakes are going to tolerate that? Jspeed made a post on here about the noise on Smith. Last year or so, here in Hot Spots East, someone was saying that the SC lakes don't like this stuff at all and got a fine. Maybe it was for no muflers?
    North Carolina does not have any regulatios on noise and speed on their lakes.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Keep it at ANNA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not 2 many people like Jack out there . He is one of the nicest people i have ever met.Give 'em Hell Wet ! You want 2 buy a Tunnel................
    Mouse Boy there is still time for u 2 take a ass woopinnnnnnnnnnn :crossx:
    I think everyone like's Jack, They would be stupid if they didn't, how could you not. We (my opinion) just don't want to wear out his welcome and I feel like each year it get's thinner. Especially after all the things that happened (oil change, theft, no respect for his property), etc. Plus, I would just like to have something different to do. This past year we took off and went to Cojax's (awesome ride) and had a blast (Thank you Cojax)!!

HammerDown
    I myself feel like the size of the event at Anna has robbed us of the camraderie we have enjoyed in previous years. Although it's neat to see all the boats there, you don't get to truly VISIT with anyone until you get back to the hotel. I am not ungrateful to Jack for his hospitality, I just feel like it's no longer a BOTE event, but a "Jack Event" (especially since the "BOTE" members he consulted are not even part of the 'founding' group.).
    Bravo Miz Bubba...