Thread: Cashiers Check scam question

dimarcobros
    How does that whole scam work? When you get the email that some guy from over seas wants to buy your boat and will send you a cashiers check. The check clears through the bank but then down the line its a scam. Anyone know what I am talking about? We are dealing with a similar situation at work.
    Thanks,
    DMB

NOTALENT

H20 Toie
    the check will not clear at the bank they are phonys, but if you deposit them you do not find out for a week

dimarcobros
    Thanks!
    DMB

Ziggy
    Thanks!
    DMB
    And the check is for more than the sale price...not only do they swipe your goods, they want your real dough too....

NOTALENT
    Thanks!
    DMB
    No prob...good luck with it.... :clover:

HavaTan
    I was contacted by just such a setup. Thought something was funny about it. Told them that I needed a check for the exact amount and wanted to use my attorney to complete the sale... Been 3 days, haven't heard back yet!

Big Warlock
    about the best thing I have ever seen!!
    I used to live in Nigeria back in the early 70s as a kid. I can honestly say that we could nuke the whole country and be doing the world a huge favor.
    After visiting Nigeria in 1997, Muhamed Ali actually said "thank God for slavery." Nigerian are famous for hating African Americans. They consider them below any other ethnic race in the world. I always encourage people that discuss African issues, as if they were their own, to visit the country. It won't take you long to develop the same feelings.
    My father was kidnapped in Nigeria around 1979, after 6 years in country. He escaped from his kidnappers (local police) after a few days and my family left the country. I could tell you of the atrocities committed by these thugs. But you might not believe half of it. They are a society of thieves, liars, sadistic idiots. They have absolutely no compassion or regard for the human race and would sell their own families, which their ancestors did in fact.
    I am done venting. F*ck West Africa and everyone that lives there!