Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Restaurant HELP...

OGShocker
    We have friends who are planning on hosting a party in San Diego. 20 or so people on a Sunday night in March, down near the convention center. They are looking to spend between $50.00 & $75.00 per plate, including cocktails, before tip. Standard Steak & Seafood is what they're looking for.
    Anyone have any ideas? Wes? John West? Roz? I PM'ed Mandy for the same information..
    Thank you in advance,
    Mark

OutCole'd
    Mandy was my travel with this same thing, good luck.

BarryMac
    The Strip Club, seriously, good food and a great atmosphere. You cook your own meat but that makes it kinds fun and interesting...

Ziggy
    Richard always seems to have the best insight for that stuff......
    I'd guess the couple nice hotels next to the convention center would be able to accomidate.
    Hyatt and Sheriton.....

Tom Brown
    The Strip Club...
    Oh great... way to drive OGShocker away from this web site. :yuk:

OGShocker
    The Strip Club, seriously, good food and a great atmosphere. You cook your own meat but that makes it kinds fun and interesting...
    I should have added, there will be ladies there and this is a business function.
    Now, next time I'm there... I AM THERE!!! :crossx:

Ziggy
    I should have added, there will be ladies there and this is a business function.
    Strip is referring to the meat they bring you.....

BarryMac
    Seriously, the name of the restaurant is "The Strip Club", it's not a tittie bar, I'll find it for you, would make for great conversation around then table then who knows what that would lead to, maybe a member of the "B" cut here on HB...

OGShocker
    Strip is referring to the meat they bring you.....
    Then I won't go...
    I found it! Thank you, everyone!!! (http://www.gaslampstripclub.signonsandiego.com/)

Froggystyle
    Downtown I have several recommendations. First and foremost is "Mortons" which is my favorite steak. I ate the double Porterhouse the day I graduated SEAL training and it has held a warm spot in my heart since. Pricey and exclusive and definitely reservation required but within your budget without a psycho bottle of wine or anything. Additionally they have a great dessert tray.
    Second is a primarily seafood restaraunt, but it is called "The Fish Market" and is right by the convention center. Phenomenal swordfish and Ahi, and everything is very fresh off of their own boats to a large degree. Raw bar there as well. There are two restaurants in the same building, one called the "Top of the Market" which is upscale and dressy, and the regular restaurant downstairs which is a little more low key. I recommend upstairs for the view and service.
    As was said before, the Gaslamp Strip Club is awesome. You actually grill your own steaks, which can lead to less then desireable results as I found out, but it is a great conversation piece because their entire menu is full of plays on words like the title.
    Mortons is a bit franchised, so if you want a slightly more San Diego atmosphere you can basically go around the corner to "Lou and Mickey's" which I have heard great things about but never gone to. Another I am going to likely try this weekend for my 9th wedding anniversary is "The Palm" also in downtown which is supposed to rock.
    I have about a dozen phenomenal restaraunts in the area that I would recommend highly, but only those few are in downtown. I know someone at all of them, and can make a call for you if need be.
    Call me if you need anything else, (619) 823-5643. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast