Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 TPI 848 efi

MR HARLEY
    DO IT!!! :crossx:
    If you run one of these monsters you will be close to triple digits and get all the haters off your back
    I'm thinking I may have to change drives also.

Cole Trickle
    I'm thinking I may have to change drives also.
    Still cheaper than buying a new F29 with twins
    What are the Illmors selling used for? 30K

ChumpChange
    Only one for sale? Bummer....I needed two. I guess next time.

MR HARLEY
    Still cheaper than buying a new F29 with twins
    What are the Illmors selling used for? 30K
    As of right now ..............Yes.
    A 29 you say? ....................If I buy new its gonna either be a 32' 37' DCB or fock it and I am going to Skater. :crossx:
    Used Ilmor ........maybe 25 to 30k

Cole Trickle
    As of right now ..............Yes.
    A 29 you say? ....................If I buy new its gonna either be a 32' 37' DCB or fock it and I am going to Skater. :crossx:
    Used Ilmor ........maybe 25 to 30k
    Nice!!
    It's cool knowing rich people
    If you go with the 32 or 37 your gonna need twin TPI 1200's :crossx:
    will Skater do a walk through open bow flat deck?!?! :220v:

MR HARLEY
    Nice!!
    All closed decks from here on out, with an under bow area for the kids .
    Skater told me they will do anything I want for the right price . :crossx:

TPI
    What horsepower is this motor putting out?
    Dumb question, but how reliable is it and does it run on pump gas 87 ? or 91?
    What fab work and how many hours of labor of install would need to take place in a F-29 that currently has a Viper 625 in it.
    Thank you.
    BTW, that ANDY01 guy sent me.
    It puts out exactly 848hp at 6000 rpm with approx 5.5lbs of boost on 91 octane, but 89 will work fine in a pinch. They are super reliable and very user friendly. The great thing is,,,,,,,,,,,,any merc dealer can service it and read the computer. It's awesome. When you are used to it and want to have a little more fun, I have a tune up for the 848 that will bring it up to 925. It takes me about an hour to do, and the labor for me to do it is free! I would bet your F29 will run easily into the triple digits with the 848 set up and probably 110mph++ with that 920 tune up. Plus it will be so smooth throughout the powerband, you will love it. It will put that boat up on plane quick too. As far as the labor fees, I would really need to see your boat and talk to you in person before I could give you an accurate price. I will say, fabrication is going to be minimal because of my motor being so compact. You will need new exhaust tails and quite a bit more prop pitch, Other than that, it's all labor to R&R the hatch/rear seat/drive/motor and install the coolers, strainer, hoses. It would be an installation that even the guys at DCB will admire,,,I guarantee it. Thanks Gary (805)480-2693

MR HARLEY
    It puts out exactly 848hp at 6000 rpm with approx 5.5lbs of boost on 91 octane, but 89 will work fine in a pinch. They are super reliable and very user friendly. The great thing is,,,,,,,,,,,,any merc dealer can service it and read the computer. It's awesome. When you are used to it and want to have a little more fun, I have a tune up for the 848 that will bring it up to 925. It takes me about an hour to do, and the labor for me to do it is free! I would bet your F29 will run easily into the triple digits with the 848 set up and probably 110mph++ with that 920 tune up. Plus it will be so smooth throughout the powerband, you will love it. It will put that boat up on plane quick too. As far as the labor fees, I would really need to see your boat and talk to you in person before I could give you an accurate price. I will say, fabrication is going to be minimal because of my motor being so compact. You will need new exhaust tails and quite a bit more prop pitch, Other than that, it's all labor to R&R the hatch/rear seat/drive/motor and install the coolers, strainer, hoses. It would be an installation that even the guys at DCB will admire,,,I guarantee it. Thanks Gary (805)480-2693
    Gary I will be in touch with you, thank you for the info.

TPI
    Nice!!
    Reliability and fun is the key. I would go twin TPI 900's or TPI1000 quads. With a little more porting and some finesse I can make my TPI1000's make over 1100hp reliably. Getting them to 1200-1400 can be done, but it's just not realistic(IMO) if you want to use the boat all of the time. Maybe for a race or two :crossx:
    I would keep that F29. That is truely an awesome boat! Any pics of it?

MR HARLEY
    I would keep that F29. That is truely an awesome boat! Any pics of it?
    Thanks
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...10100_0611.JPG
    Engine bay
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/15a.jpg

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast