Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 TPI 848 efi

shadow
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/383848m.JPG
    Gary what drive would you recomend or what drive would be your preference for this 848?

TPI
    I have to say I really like the Max machine Worx 900. I run one personally on my boat, and I have run a bunch of power to it with great success. Also, the customer service over there has been so awesome, it's worth the price of the drive. In the same breath, I have a customer with one of my 900's that runs an XR drive, imco lower and a get real performance billet cap on top. He changes his oil every 10 hours and has 70 hrs on the drive. There is NO sign of wear when we have changed the oil. I can tell you that he is very smooth on the throttle and does not hammer on the boat, and that is why it lives. It doesn't mean he does not run the boat fast, he just doesnt drag race it.
    One of the things that makes this TPI 848 efi so nice is that it has just enough power to run your boat plenty fast and smooth, and it is not quite enough power to have a bunch of drive trouble(If you take care of your drive). I have a bunch of R & D in this combination and I feel it will please many customers. Especially when they tell their insurance company they only have a touch over 800 hp to thier prop. It's the truth.

Always A Deck
    Very nice!! clean!!! I also think max machine drive are the best,and there service is top notch!!!!! I have a twin turbo brummet motor in my top cat,the boat runs great!!

shadow
    I have to say I really like the Max machine Worx 900. I run one personally on my boat, and I have run a bunch of power to it with great success. Also, the customer service over there has been so awesome, it's worth the price of the drive. In the same breath, I have a customer with one of my 900's that runs an XR drive, imco lower and a get real performance billet cap on top. He changes his oil every 10 hours and has 70 hrs on the drive. There is NO sign of wear when we have changed the oil. I can tell you that he is very smooth on the throttle and does not hammer on the boat, and that is why it lives. It doesn't mean he does not run the boat fast, he just doesnt drag race it.
    One of the things that makes this TPI 848 efi so nice is that it has just enough power to run your boat plenty fast and smooth, and it is not quite enough power to have a bunch of drive trouble(If you take care of your drive). I have a bunch of R & D in this combination and I feel it will please many customers. Especially when they tell their insurance company they only have a touch over 800 hp to thier prop. It's the truth.
    I've only heard good things about Max Machine and thier drives & customer service.The drive is only about 5 miles for me.
    On the note of insurance 800hp @ the prop and can be tuned up to over 900.
    Can it also be detuned for insurance purposes and retuned at a later date.
    I KNOW I KNOW don't BS the insurance Co.But say if a guy wanted to white lie is this feasable?
    Either way that is a beautiful motor!

TPI
    I've only heard good things about Max Machine and thier drives & customer service.The drive is only about 5 miles for me.
    On the note of insurance 800hp @ the prop and can be tuned up to over 900.
    Can it also be detuned for insurance purposes and retuned at a later date.
    I KNOW I KNOW don't BS the insurance Co.But say if a guy wanted to white lie is this feasable?
    Either way that is a beautiful motor!
    All I can say is this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My TPI 848 efi makes between 845-850 hp on every dyno pull. Now,,,,,,,on the low side, I can tune this motor to make approx 775 and approx 750 to the prop. When you order your motor, just tell me what tune up you want, and I will set it up that way, and you can tell your insurance company what you have. You have a TPI 775 efi. If you call me and want me to change the tune up later, I am not going to call your insurance company and tell on you, that is for you to do,,,,,,,right?
    In summery, whatever power my motor makes, is what it will say on it when it leaves new, or it wont say anything but TPI efi. Some guys like it that way too. Here is an example:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...atl06_003m.jpg

TPI
    Nice motor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,needs a good fast hull, **Happy new Year!**
    ALL AMERICAN Installation available

98 Vector 21
    Whats your address Gary.......I would like to stop by some time.

TPI
    Whats your address Gary.......I would like to stop by some time.
    Call me for an appointment (805)480-2693

TPI
    A new opportunity:
    I might be trying some new things with this motor. I am going to put 2+ hours of laptop time on the motor in the boat. I will work out a special installation deal with the new owner for this "inconvenience".
    Let me know, otherwise I will be using my 28 Bullet.

TPI
    Lots of inquries,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I still have it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast