Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento engine builders

sleek willy
    I am looking for a shop that does marine blower motors. Any Suggestions???
    -Sleek Willy

Kindsvater Flat
    Joey Grose in Lodi

YeLLowBoaT
    Rex.

Bobby Knight
    B&B machine shop in Chico, He is a great, down earth builder. He has built for me a 306 ford, 468 tunnel ram motor, 482 blower motor, 491 blower motor,605 blower motor, and is currently building my 572 blower motor. All engines except the 306 were for 5 different boats, other for car. Out of all these motors I had only a head gasket problem once due to too much boost after I stepped the boost up to 21lbs. One man shop, he has control over everything that happens, not a big ego, big name shop, but runs w/the best of them. Very fair prices, always on time, never any problems. His name is Bill Hunter, tell him steve giacomino sent you. I can get his # tomorrow, if interested. Good Luck, Steve

sleek willy
    B&B machine shop in Chico, He is a great, down earth builder. He has built for me a 306 ford, 468 tunnel ram motor, 482 blower motor, 491 blower motor,605 blower motor, and is currently building my 572 blower motor. All engines except the 306 were for 5 different boats, other for car. Out of all these motors I had only a head gasket problem once due to too much boost after I stepped the boost up to 21lbs. One man shop, he has control over everything that happens, not a big ego, big name shop, but runs w/the best of them. Very fair prices, always on time, never any problems. His name is Bill Hunter, tell him steve giacomino sent you. I can get his # tomorrow, if interested. Good Luck, Steve
    I'm getting ready to pull the motor shown in my avatar, it seized at 5000+ rpm with very few hours since being rebuilt. I,m thinking I need someone else to do the work this time. A one man shop might be fine as long as he has a well equipped shop and a good reputaion, not a back porch operation like the last builder I was refered to. I will know more after it's torn down and I see what happened, but I doubt I will use the same builder.
    Sounds like Bill Hunter could be a good candidate so get me his number . I also need a sbc for my 69 Camaro rebuilt .
    Does anyone have more suggestions??? Any shops with a engine dyno for tuning???
    -Sleek Willy

john f2000
    I am looking for a shop that does marine blower motors. Any Suggestions???
    -Sleek Willy
    Norm Sapenfield at ncp motors in placerville. His stuff works. Been in business 50 years. 5306223920

Bobby Knight
    B&B is a one man SHOP, I promise. He is the second generation to run the machine shop. They were in San MAteo for I think 35 + years. He is completely equipted to build a great motor. My last 605 had a 14-71,superchiller,dart big chief heads, 20+ lbs of boost. Just a great guy that looks out for your best interest, no bullshit, or surprizes.
    I had a rex huthinson built 466 ford motor in my first flat, and it was a great motor as well, however I understand the son runs the show there now, and have heard from several people that they don't stay together like the old mans did. I was supposed to trade blown gas motor to guy w/ a glenn hutchinson blown alky motor after they rebuilt after 2 passes, but they blew it up again. I cant say whos fault it was cuold have been driver or set up, but I know my guy would have stepped in befor he let me blow up that many motors. Again, good luck.

superdave013
    Joey Grose in Lodi
    That who builds Tony's engines. A quote from Ross that's a good recap of Tony's season this year.
    The Return of K Racing Runabouts were a huge success and congratulations are in order to driver Tony Scarlata, Suisun City, CA and owner Craig Kinnaman, Big Sky, Montana of the K-5 "The Traffic Cone" Race team on capturing their first APBA Hi-Point National Championship. Congratulations on their IHBA Championship in the KRR class, their Top Alcohol Flat Record and Top Alcohol Flat IHBA Series Championship! What a true accomplishment to win in both ABPA and IHBA!
    Ross Wallach, SCSC/GNRA/RPM RACING ENT.

GoCiggie31
    remember, whomever you use, make sure they specialize in your specific application or your going to be disappointed.
    Forced intake(superchargers or turbos) for set-up on light drag boats are much different than blowers for heavy deep Vs running at a constant 5.5k+rpm and VERY much different than your everyday ADD-ON supercharged car.
    Suggestion before you shop for a shop read
    'Super Power guide to Turbo, supersharging injection' by Larry Schreib. Its a good read before you dump +$15,000 minimum in a 1/2way reliable blown motor that will last.
    Good luck and have fun

sleek willy
    Motor Machine Super Shops in Fairoaks, Don builds all the motors for CP Performace. In house dyno, priced fair and you can be assured you'll get what you pay for no BS.
    Hey Denis, how've you been ? I am leaning toward Motor Machine, they are close by, and come with your reccomendation. I'm hoping to pull my motor out this week and see what the damage is.
    -Sleek Willy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast