Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: demon carb-->help<--

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ok, just my opinion, and some will differ with me on parts of it.
    You're dropping the throttle wide open and it pauses, lean, from insuffiucient accel pump fuel suply to fill the "hole" you just opened up in the airflow-comanded fuel supply, basically one of the signs that the carb is bigger than needed (there's where folk's will disagree). You have enough carb there to feed the engine at 100% VE, at 8,000RPM (realistic VE at probably 9,000), slam it wide open at 1/8 of that RPM and it's going to have trouble getting the main circut to START feeding. Once it does, you are fine.
    Get the book, seek advice from Don and Barry as well (after getting the manual to learn more) and figure out how to adjust it properly to overcome this.

Sleek-Jet
    BG is going to tell you you've got to much carb for the engine/rear-end combo. My brother has a health 350 in a Chevelle with 4.11's with a 750 cfm Speed-Demon... BG recommends at least 4.56's if you want to run a 750... we've had a time getting it tuned, but once we did, it runs like a raped ape.

Wicked Performance Boats
    I'm told by the carb shops to shitcan the demon and stick with Holley! So take the holley and have it setup for your application. They say Demons are junk! Now all you demon lovers don't get butthurt. I'm a holley guy myself. Budlight :argue:

Sleek-Jet
    I'm told by the carb shops to shitcan the demon and stick with Holley! So take the holley and have it setup for your application. They say Demons are junk! Now all you demon lovers don't get butthurt. I'm a holley guy myself. Budlight :argue:
    Why do they say that??? Essentially they are a Holley decendant... personally I like the E-brock performer's myself.

NUTHIN
    that may be the case, too big of a carb.. i see maybe 6200 with the gear combo ive got, the car weighs 2650lbs, the motor is PLENTY for the car. i went with the biggest stick that i could, still keep it streetable, without going over 11.1 comp. i thought about changing to 3.90 gears, easier to change the carb. the weight issue is why i didnt change to the gear, as it is with the 356 gears it wants to break free no matter what..

MikeF
    But, It's the coolest looking carb on the market! :skull:

NUTHIN
    totally agree!

motormonkey
    I have had more bad than good street demons. The customers seem to like the looks over holleys.Ive found junk from the factory in the metering blocks from machining. The race demons are good. It sounds like tuning problems though.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Why do they say that??? Essentially they are a Holley decendant... personally I like the E-brock performer's myself.
    Demons are made from most of the same design But are completely different castings. The quaility is not there. Maybe the race demons have more mechining steps for quaility control. BL

NUTHIN
    which one i have,725 speed or race.. think it was 4-$500 bucks.. i had a 650 demon on my less built 327 in a 63nova, way smaller cam cmv272, and the demon was FINE... this ones been off the motor twice, tore down checked rechecked, jets changed 4-5 times, nice to hear others have issues with them also..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast