Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Box 360 ???

Rod-64
    I just bought one for a Christmas present and 2 different peeps at Best buy said to get the extended warranty.........because they overheat. Anyone have trouble with theirs or is this a blanket statement to sell the $50 warranty. For $400 bucks it should last a little while. :yuk: :crossx:
    Thanks!!

Richie Rich
    I just bought one for a Christmas present and 2 different peeps at Best buy said to get the extended warranty.........because they overheat. Anyone have trouble with theirs or is this a blanket statement to sell the $50 warranty. For $400 bucks it should last a little while. :yuk: :crossx:
    Thanks!!
    Mine has been running like a champ since I got it when they 1st hit the street. Maybe they are selling a 2nd Gen. model or something but to be honest for a Microsoft product I was shocked at how "bug free" my gaming system has been.....

dmontzsta
    Be prepared for those mofos to drop in price. PS3 is coming out next month and is supposed to be insane. PS2 built in to it, hard drive, blue ray disc capatible, the list goes on...shit is like $559 though...what happened to $99? I can remember when the Atari 2500 came out... :220v:

Run_em_Hard
    Be prepared for those mofos to drop in price. PS3 is coming out next month and is supposed to be insane. PS2 built in to it, hard drive, blue ray disc capatible, the list goes on...shit is like $559 though...what happened to $99? I can remember when the Atari 2500 came out... :220v:
    Whats an Atari???

phebus
    You can't buy anything at an electronics store without them trying to sell you an extended warranty. Must be good money for them in those warranties.
    Bastards I tell you, no, make that rat bastards!

lawbreaker2
    Whats an Atari???
    Hell, I had pong, atari was for the ballers

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I still use "Pong"..... :rollside:
    I found it to be the most robust !....
    Although a touch boring....
    Regarding X-Box 360.....Ours only overheated once.... :220v:
    Took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it.....Then bought the $50 warranty.... :idea:
    Later,
    CJG

NOTALENT
    This is very true....a co worker is one of those "hardcore" gamers and he has gone through 2 in over a year due to the overheating issue. Definatley get the warranty.

martan
    I don't think they overheat during normal usage. Some people aren't normal and play for like 10 hours and the thing never gets shut off. My brother will leave the thing paused to go somewhere. I think the people who use it like this are the ones with overheating issues. It's hard to believe that the seller doesn't get a commission when they sell an extended the way they try to shove them down your throat.

NOTALENT
    I just did a quick search on it, and it seems the problem with overheating was that the power supply was on the floor or by other power units ie; vcr, tv, wires etc....
    When the power supply is in the air on a box or suspeneded by something away from other similar stuff it cured the problem....hmmmm go figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast