Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Boat!! Help this guy if you can

superdave013
    This boat was just stolen from Cascade Park in Moses Lake, Washington. If you see it contact snark@shaw.ca
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/Hot_Wired1.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/Hot_Wired2.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/Hot_Wired3.JPG[/img]

CircleJerk
    I am familiar with this boat. Since we first raced at Moses Lake drags we met a fellow named Sharkey who owned this boat. It was a rare beautiful piece being a v -drive tunnel. This guy is a devoted racer who volunteers much of his time to promote racing with great pictures and news articles for the Fraser Valley Club. His boat sits overnight in the pits while he works his tail off for the racers. We need to find this Cougar, I think, so scum cant profit off good v-drivers. Also, at this race site the campground is a ways from the paved pit area and we always leave our boats in the same spot his was with no problems. I feel real sorry for the owner and if we had not had a circle race the same weekend we would have been there in force, and the outcome may have been different. Let's get the word out, there are not that many of these around! We'll be looking Sharkey!! Jerk and Mrs.Jerk

Finally Gotta Schiada
    Sorry to here about the loss- best wishes on finding it in one piece. Circlejerk is right- there are not many of these around. How does this boat perform? How does it turn? What is the biggest water it can handle? Sorry for the questions at such a bad time- but my boy fell in love with this boat the first time he saw it and won't stop asking questions about it. Thx

Snark
    Thanks again, SuperDave and you too Mr & Mrs Jerk. Still no word as of today but hopefully I at least get the hull back. Appreciate the kind words, not always sure if anyone notices the work I do. As a matter of fact that night myself and another club member were working on the club van and I didn't even get the cover on my boat. Think I'm just about cured of the club thing. Time for others to step up, think I've been beaten up enough lately. Looks like I'll be doing the picture thing full time.
    FGS, this boat has run 9.70's in the quarter with a 482 Chevy on gas, close to 120 with 22 percent gears in the box. I usually run in the 10 second bracket in our club and the FVDBA and I've done okay. I don't have a lot to compare it to but it takes a pretty good cut. It's not a circle boat by any means though but it handles very well. Big water doesn't scare this hull at all, you can run hard and on top if you have the nerve.
    If you see someone from eastern washington offering a polished Weind tunnel ram with a couple of 650 competition Holleys (4777) get me a phone number. Maybe I can connect the dots from there. Or a Casale V-Drive, 990 Chevy heads. The oil pan on the engine has been welded up so many times I'd recognize the scars there too.

Finally Gotta Schiada
    That is some serious performance. Thanks for the info. Sorry again to here about your loss.

Snark
    Mr & Mrs Jerk, am I right in thinking I'm talking to the Scnells? If so, long time no see. Sounds like your circuit is a little busier than in years past, that's a good thing. I may be making up some poster of the stolen boat, maybe I could send you a few and you could put them up in the Spokane area marinas and parts stores in your neighborhood. email me your address at snark@shaw.ca if you get a chance. Probably have it from a mailing list but keep me current.

Snark
    Whoops, meant Schnells of course.

Snark,
    I'd keep my eye on ebay too. I see a lot of motor parts pass through there. Just an idea.

CircleJerk
    Just thought this needed to go to the top of the list again! We have spread pictures here in Spokane and as far as I know, there have been NO leads. Let's see if this forum can help a comrade in need! Jerkster

SK48
    I missed this one. I will keep and eye out at the river (Parker Az.) not many cougar v-drives ought to be easy to find if it is not in pieces.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast