Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking article in LA Times

CA Stu
    That study was 1993.
    Since then another 14 million illegals have come here. If the same study was done again, I think the figures would be quite different.
    If a smaller number means a net income, wouldn't it stand to reason that a larger number means a larger net income?
    Also, do the underlying characteristics still ring true? i.e. "Except for refugees, immigrants who arrived in the past decade receive public assistance at significantly lower rates than native-born Americans. Moreover, when refugees are excluded, immigrant use of public benefits actually decreased during the 1980s. Welfare use among working-age (15 to 64 years), non-refugee immigrants is very low." Source : http://www.urban.org/publications/305184.html
    This data was all based on the 1990 census, it would be interesting to see the same study done with the 2000 census.
    I just feel that a lot of folks see brown skin and all their common decency and ability to think rationally goes out the window, and they start sounding like a bunch of KKK members from 1960 Mississippi...
    Cheers
    CA Stu

CA Stu
    Yes.
    And they bring their illegal cousins and other relatives from other states, claim they live here, and THEY get in state rates, too.
    Do they not pay AZ sales tax? Property tax? Income Tax? Car tax?
    Not trying to be a contrary jerk, just wondering why, if they pay all the other tax based costs of living in AZ, they aren't entitled to use the public facilities at the same cost as other residents?
    Thanks
    CA Stu

chub
    If a smaller number means a net income, wouldn't it stand to reason that a larger number means a larger net income?
    Also, do the underlying characteristics still ring true? i.e. "Except for refugees, immigrants who arrived in the past decade receive public assistance at significantly lower rates than native-born Americans. Moreover, when refugees are excluded, immigrant use of public benefits actually decreased during the 1980s. Welfare use among working-age (15 to 64 years), non-refugee immigrants is very low." Source : http://www.urban.org/publications/305184.html
    This data was all based on the 1990 census, it would be interesting to see the same study done with the 2000 census.
    I just feel that a lot of folks see brown skin and all their common decency and ability to think rationally goes out the window, and they start sounding like a bunch of KKK members from 1960 Mississippi...
    Cheers
    CA Stu
    So when is it OK for illegal immagrants as opposed to legal immigrants ok to go to American schools? Sorry I just can't get behind this in any way. Brown,Black, White whatever, the russians are huge welfare scamers here. They need to go to. Flame on!

chub
    Not trying to be a contrary jerk, just wondering why, if they pay all the other tax based costs of living in AZ, they aren't entitled to use the public facilities at the same cost as other residents?
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    Not being a jerk here either, Property tax is payed by the land lord of the folks they rent from 4 person house rented by 16 peeps me = not paying their share, Income tax working under the table = enough said, car tax? sorry i don't understand this one, my bad. Sorry, sales tax they don't tend to buy big ticket new items.

Boatcop
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    Sales tax? Yes.
    Property Tax? Only if they own property. If they rent, the property owners pay the tax, but there are sometimes 3 or 4 or more families living in the same property. Essentially accounting for only 1/3 to 1/4 or less of potential property tax. (Property taxes goes to the Counties, not the State)
    Income Tax? No. They need a social security number for that.
    Car tax? Mostly no. When we stop illegals they are usually driving unregistered, uninsured (or stolen) vehicles, and have no or fraudulent, drivers licenses, or are driving on suspended privileges, due to FTAs on tickets they've received. (I can't say all are like that. Only every one I've encountered)

ratso
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    What is this????
    Swing From Illegal Alien's Nuts Week??? :burningm:

chub
    Sales tax? Yes.
    Property Tax? Only if they own property. If they rent, the property owners pay the tax, but there are sometimes 3 or 4 or more families living in the same property. Essentially accounting for only 1/3 to 1/4 or less of potential property tax. (Property taxes goes to the Counties, not the State)
    Car tax? Mostly no. When we stop illegals they are usually driving unregistered, uninsured (or stolen) vehicles, and have no or fraudulent, drivers licenses, or are driving on suspended privileges, due to FTAs on tickets they've received. (I can't say all are like that. Only every one I've encountered)
    DING!

chub
    What is this????
    Only for some!

CA Stu
    Sales tax? Yes.
    I defer to your experience. Mostly.
    On the income tax, if they are working at a business under a fraudulent SSN, the tax is deducted from their check, deposited to the state, and they have no chance of ever reclaiming it, right?
    On the property tax, the landlord should be held responsible for renting to illegals, I believe there is a law proposed for this exact purpose here in CA.
    It would really suck to invest your life savings in a house for you and your family only to have 25 people move into the same house right next door.
    Car tax: when you stop an unlicensed vehicle, you impound it, right? Who gets the cash that process generates?
    Again, not trying to be contrary, I'm trying to understand the vehemence.
    If it's moral outrage, that's one thing.
    If it's racism, let's call it what it really is.
    What is this????
    Dude, are you a felon, or just a jailbird?
    Hush up.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

ratso
    I defer to your experience. Mostly.
    On the income tax, if they are working at a business under a fraudulent SSN, the tax is deducted from their check, deposited to the state, and they have no chance of ever reclaiming it, right?
    On the property tax, the landlord should be held responsible for renting to illegals, I believe there is a law proposed for this exact purpose here in CA.
    It would really suck to invest your life savings in a house for you and your family only to have 25 people move into the same house right next door.
    Car tax: when you stop an unlicensed vehicle, you impound it, right? Who gets the cash that process generates?
    Again, not trying to be contrary, I'm trying to understand the vehemence.
    If it's moral outrage, that's one thing.
    If it's racism, let's call it what it really is.
    Dude, are you a felon, or just a jailbird?
    Hush up.
    Thanks
    CA Stu
    I beat the felony... try to keep up bitch... :boxingguy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast