Thread: Gear Prices (???)

FlatRacer
    Just got outbid for those lightened 25s on eBay. My sniping skills were a little rusty. That's okay, I already had a set of solid 25s. I just thought it'd be better to have the lightened gears. By the way, what does a new set of lightened gears sell for these days? How about new solid gears? And what are they worth on the used market? Last question: Does anyone have a set of 10 degree 18% lightened gears for sale?
    Eric

superdave013
    A new set of solid gears at CP sells for 299.00 bucks. I don't know what a new set of lightend ones go for. I know they are quite a bit more.
    Those gears went for a fair price. I was wtching them myself. I sold a lightend set of 35's not long ago for 200.00. Those e-bay gears sold for 185+19 for shipping. That's 204 so I'ed say that was in there.
    I used to exchange gears for a slight fee. I kinda got out of it but guess what? I'm rounding up sets and am starting to get back in the game.
    I wish I could do it for no charge but I have to get something as I have a buch of cash invested in them and I scrounge the swap meets @ 6:00 am sharp.
    I plan on charging what I got charged 15 years ago, 50 bucks to exchange like gears. i.e. a set of standard gears for standard gears. If you have a set of standard ones and want a set of lightened ones it will be 100.00.
    Now I'm not the only game in town doing this. Ron Braksma (and others) have been doing it for years too. If you want to know what Ron charges (and how to contact him) here's his link.
    www.rbprops.com
    Right now I don't have any 18's in my grubby hands. But I do have a set of 15 and 18's on the way.
    Oh, fiat48 won that bid. He's on the boards here I think.

T-Bag
    FlatRacer:
    Just got outbid for those lightened 25s on eBay. My sniping skills were a little rusty. That's okay, I already had a set of solid 25s. I just thought it'd be better to have the lightened gears. By the way, what does a new set of lightened gears sell for these days? How about new solid gears? And what are they worth on the used market? Last question: Does anyone have a set of 10 degree 18% lightened gears for sale?
    Eric Used standard gears usually around $150 used New lightened gears are $450 new I believe and appx $200-300 used hope that helps you.

FlatRacer
    SuperDave: Are the 18s you're waiting for lightened? I have a set of lightened 29s I'd trade for them. I'm going Super Stock for the last hurrah of flatbottom circle racing in '03, and I don't think I'll need the 29s any more.
    Eric

superdave013
    NO, they are not. They are also Left hand rotation and I would think you need right hand. Anyway a guy is hot after them already. If he falls through and you want them, you got 'em.