Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's think a little longer...

Forkin' Crazy
    lets not forget powerband..
    if the 600hp boat has to spin 9000rpm ,makes almost nopower below 5000 rpm and only makes 300ftlbs of torque
    It works because you set the prop to slip a bit to work similar to a stall converter.
    The heavy boat has to have all that torque to pick it up out of that big hole in the water.

MAXIMUS
    It works because you set the prop to slip a bit to work similar to a stall converter.
    The heavy boat has to have all that torque to pick it up out of t
    Ok smart guy! lets not start using words that are not from your vocabulary!
    Stick with the ones that are!
    "that big hole in the water."

Tom Brown
    Ok smart guy! lets not start using words that are not from your vocabulary!
    Do you suppose it's the 'all that matters is torque' guys who hate outboards so much?
    It must be upsetting to be proven wrong on a minute by minute basis.
    If all that mattered really was torque, I would put a 50000:1 gear reduction in my pedal boat, create 100000 ft*lbs of torque with my legs, and kick the ass of every big block jet on the water. Of course... since the load is dynamic, torque is only relevant to an engine's ability to do work when also taking RPM into consideration. Torque with respect to RPM would be... horsepower.
    Hey... where's steelcomp when I'm spewing some good shit? He needs to learn this stuff.

Forkin' Crazy
    Maxy, I experience maximum torque every morning when I get up to pee.... :rollside:
    But since you apparently sit down to pee, it's something that you are not familiar with. :220v:
    :crossx:

MAXIMUS
    Maxy, I experience maximum torque every morning when I get up to pee.... :rollside:
    But since you apparently sit down to pee, it's something that you are not familiar with. :220v:
    :crossx:
    This post is absoutly "forkin crazy"!!!! Literally!!! I am usually sitting when I have my morning pee pee so that I can scratch my sack & have a little wake up time! :messedup:
    And Tom its always about tork! :devil:

Towndrunk
    This post is absoutly "forkin crazy"!!!! Literally!!! I am usually sitting when I have my morning pee pee so that I can scratch my sack & have a little wake up time! :messedup:
    And Tom its always about tork! :devil:
    Damn dude, you must like pissing on your wrist or does the pad get in the way,Maxi??

MAXIMUS
    Damn dude, you must like pissing on your wrist or does the pad get in the way,Maxi??
    Oh look its you... you are like that floating turd that just wont go down when you flush...

Forkin' Crazy
    Oh look its you... you are like that floating turd that just wont go down when you flush...
    So you are saying that TD is a floater? :crossx:

sorry dog
    If they are on lake Piru then the jetboat would win in a 105' race.
    Heavier is better.

Towndrunk
    Yep, it's me the bad penny of the boating world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast