Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How is Magic Johnson still alive?

grads2112
    I was just flippining through the channels and caught Magic on the Oprah show (I know she's lame) and he looks damn good for having caught the HIV virus over 15 years ago. Is it because he's got deep pockets or he's a rare case or the drugs have just gotten that much better? It just seems when most people get it its a death sentence. Props to him.

djunkie
    Thats just it. He has the Virus and not Aids. Yet. I'm sure the meds he can afford are a big part of it but unless they find a cure eventually it will turn into aids.

grads2112
    I understand the difference between HIV and AIDS, it just seems most people after having the HIV virus would have turned into AIDS by now. 15 years is a long time.

djunkie
    I understand the difference between HIV and AIDS, it just seems most people after having the HIV virus would have turned into AIDS by now. 15 years is a long time.
    Well from what I remember being taught in school, it reacts different towards everyone. I'm sure the meds he can afford have to be slowing it down.

Donttreadonme
    Money!

Richie Rich
    Seems like he's damn near purchased the cure to HIV/Aids. I think he's fathered something like 2 kids SINCE announcing he was HIV+. Ol' Tommy "Da Duke" Morrison is still around also.

Kilrtoy
    The word is
    IT WAS THE GREATEST HOAX PULLED ON THE WORLD, MAGIC NEVER HAD HIV let ALONE AIDS
    He was paid ALOT OF MONEY TO MAKE HIS CLAIMS, in the hopes of educating the public, That is how he is still alive

Tom Brown
    Even more perplexing, how is RD still alive?
    http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrow...davestable.jpg

DILLIGAF
    Thats just it. He has the Virus and not Aids. Yet. I'm sure the meds he can afford are a big part of it but unless they find a cure eventually it will turn into aids.
    Not always the case Don. There are many people that are HIV positive that haven't had it turn to full blown aids. With the more intricate testing many that showed negative in the past are now showing up positive. It really comes down to many exposures over time for some. Some HIV strains (if you will) are weaker than others. A lot goes into this stuff.

DILLIGAF
    Seems like he's damn near purchased the cure to HIV/Aids. I think he's fathered something like 2 kids SINCE announcing he was HIV+. Ol' Tommy "Da Duke" Morrison is still around also.
    There is no "cure". Just because you are HIV positive doesn't mean your child will have HIV positive tests.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast