Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sanger help......

wasted$$
    I just flipped over my 76 sanger superjet to get my glasswork done before I re-gel. I have a little bit of rocker (1/16 - 1/8) going on from getting too hammered & not getting the boat all the way onto the trailer. I'm having a hard time telling if I have any hook going on since all the lines on the bottom are arched. I porpus at all speeds unless I'm full throttle with or without my diverter.
    so is this something I'm gonna have to deal with or should I sharpen up the lines or build up the whole bottom to lose the arch???? the arch starts about 2 feet in front of the pump & goes from bow to stern. It looks like it was molded like this.
    any suggestions??

b's sanger
    Take some pics.

Squirtin Thunder
    Most of the Sangers have rocker to them. In the Sprints, not the Super Jets. So is yours a super or a sprint. It really does not matter which you have, the main problem is your rideplate, you need a longer one. We can address this problem after I get back from the Parker 300 race this Saturday.
    Thanks
    Jim

b's sanger
    I agree with Jim, a longer ride plate is a must.

If im not mistaken there guys,...he has not said anything about even having a shoe and ride plate, i would personally take a flat bar and see whats doin' under der before adding more headache to the madness, he's sounding like he's ok with the whole flipperoo and re-working the bottom. i suggest that he gets all of the issues with the bottom weather it be hook or rocker???? get all of that done before he starts adding more hdwr and more avenus to try and figure out.
    hope not to have offended!
    Todd

victorfb
    i agree with todnjuzz on this one. do the bottom work and see what happens. then if more hardware is to be added, do it one at a time. whats proven on one hull doesnt allways work on another.

Mohavekid
    Most of the Sangers from that era had a short ride plate buit in from the factory, so lengthening the plate is not a drastic change.

finchaser
    Is there anyone interested in a southwind dragster? I have one that I'm fixing to put on the market? I live in northwest Ark.

BBTAHITI
    I went over this with JIm on his Sanger. The stock ride plate is pitifully short. Go longer and get it on it's tail. It isn't going to hurt it, and if the rocker isn't so bad in the last 3 feet, it may only be a pain at cruise. Blueprint it and see what happens, but don't be surprised if it needs more plate.

wasted$$
    Ok I got some pics now. My old ride plate is 10" so with the snoot & diverter now, I have to get a longer ride plate (even though I should've had a longer one before). I don't have any hook in the hull. Slight rocker in the back & starting form the shoe forward the whole hull has a rocker form, But I think that is how they were molded.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Sanger_016.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Sanger_013.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Sanger_012.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...Sanger_011.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast