Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying out of LAX - Quick Question

OCMerrill
    LAX - Use Parking Lot C - Easy to find following the signs. The LAX Shuttle bus (Free) comes through the lot (which is massive) about every 10 min or less and stops at various pick up points through out the lot. Then the bus takes you to all terminals. Like $7-8 per day I think. The shuttle buses have luggage racks inside. It painless.
    But for 10 days...As others state a Shuttle might be a better way to go but there usually likie $40-60 each way depending on the distance.
    Cant help you with the Lap Top thing.

burtandnancy
    Stay in one of the local hotels the night before, they'll give you 7 or 8 days of free parking plus the shuttle. The cost of the hotel will be less than airport parking plus you can take the strain off of rushing to the airport. We do it often

Dan Lorenze
    I'm a creature of habit, I always park in Lot "B", right by "The proud Bird". From the 405 exit Century go West on Century to Avation, Left on Avation to the Proud Bird and make a left.. I think it's up to 9 bucks a day but still cheaper than most lots like Wally Park... Fast shuttles direct to all terminals..

HocusPocus
    Stay in one of the local hotels the night before, they'll give you 7 or 8 days of free parking plus the shuttle. The cost of the hotel will be less than airport parking plus you can take the strain off of rushing to the airport. We do it often
    this is what we usually do since we live about an hour and a half away from LAX.

Hustler
    I'm a creature of habit, I always park in Lot "B", right by "The proud Bird". From the 405 exit Century go West on Century to Avation, Left on Avation to the Proud Bird and make a left.. I think it's up to 9 bucks a day but still cheaper than most lots like Wally Park... Fast shuttles direct to all terminals..
    This is same lot I always use. If your coming from Riverside get on the 105 west exit LaCienega (1st off ramp after the 405) turn left at the bottom of the off ramp then right on Aviation and right on 111th St. Lot B will be at the end of the street.
    This should be on the corner....................
    http://ipmslondon.tripod.com/sitebui...g.w560h214.jpg

Never Satisfied
    Some of the hotels offer free parking for a couple of weeks and a shuttle to the airport if you stay there overnight. Much cheaper than the parking lots.

Zaairman
    LAX...gag me. Glad I'm flying into John Wayne on my next Cali trip (Dec 16 - 24)
    Under the seats is a cigarette lighter style port, so you'd need an adaptor for that.

TrojanDan
    Or drive to the Van Nuys Fly-Away, leave your car there (~$3 per day) and take the shuttle bus to the airport (~$3 each way).
    LA has the Flyaway also. Leaves from Union Station. $3 per person each way and $6 to park per day. Large comfortable bus leaves every half hour at the top and bottom of the hour. You and your luggage can also be checked-in to your flight for American at Union Station. Really hassle free. The bus takes the carpool down the 110 and 105 so it gets you to LAX in about 40 mins but I've made it there in about 25 mins. before. We all know how stressed that last 30 mins before arriving at the airport gets.

C-2
    Thanks for all the responses guys.
    It's a straight flight to Lihue - LAX is the only option.
    So here's my choices.....
    Drive the Excursion, longterm park $90-$100, $40 gas
    Rent a car one way $40-$75
    Get a room, sponge on the parking $75-100
    PrimeTime Shuttle $160
    I like the hotel idea - our flight is 10 a.m..
    Thanks for the plane link Les - I called AA and they can't guaranty a power connector since they don't know the exact plane, and can only say "most", but not all, of their 757's have them.
    Burt - Any hotels names? Remember, I have the 21' and not the 40oz like you. ;0

Kilrtoy
    most parking at LAX is 30 a day
    if you can find it for 20 a day YOU ARE GETTING A DEAL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast