Several threads were posted this summer about the firing of the past police chief (Alexander), and the retiring of the assistant chief. Yesterday the judge hired by the city to hold a termination hearing published the findings. Suffice it say the firing was justified, and that the assistant could have been fired should he elected to not retire.
The good news is that the new department head is Chief Dan Doyle. I know this man, and he is up front, responsible, and experienced. He and his command staff will lead the department well. Many believe that the past staff was ineffective, a dictatorship, and corrupt. Aparently corrupt it was, among ofher issues.
I know many on HB don't know the details, but this is all good. If you have gripes about enforcement, or suggestions, I firmly believe that they will be fairly looked at. Understand that the channel restrictions, etc., are set fourth by the city council and manager. I believe a renewed focus on reducing crime will be in the new leaderships adjenda.
Congrats to Chief Dan.
See todays paper..
www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com)