Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Havasu Police Chief

BoatPI
    Several threads were posted this summer about the firing of the past police chief (Alexander), and the retiring of the assistant chief. Yesterday the judge hired by the city to hold a termination hearing published the findings. Suffice it say the firing was justified, and that the assistant could have been fired should he elected to not retire.
    The good news is that the new department head is Chief Dan Doyle. I know this man, and he is up front, responsible, and experienced. He and his command staff will lead the department well. Many believe that the past staff was ineffective, a dictatorship, and corrupt. Aparently corrupt it was, among ofher issues.
    I know many on HB don't know the details, but this is all good. If you have gripes about enforcement, or suggestions, I firmly believe that they will be fairly looked at. Understand that the channel restrictions, etc., are set fourth by the city council and manager. I believe a renewed focus on reducing crime will be in the new leaderships adjenda.
    Congrats to Chief Dan.
    See todays paper..
    www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com)

Not So Fast
    Boat PI: Some years ago you told me that there was a problem at the top in the LHPD, apparently you know what you're talking about as the article in the paper this morning confirmed gross mis-management among other things from this man, thanks!! NSF

CityGuy
    Just to keep things accurate, the Hearing Officer was assigned to hear the case by the state. He was not hired by the city. The hearing was requested by former Chief Alexander and his attorney as part of the appeal process.
    Charlie

Not So Fast
    Just to keep things accurate, the Hearing Officer was assigned to hear the case by the state. He was not hired by the city. The hearing was requested by former Chief Alexander and his attorney as part of the appeal process.
    Charlie
    So then are you saying his findings were flawed?? NSF

ChumpChange
    I think he was just correcting him....the same way I can correct him by telling him that inforcement is spelled enforcement.

sigepmock
    I think he was just correcting him....the same way I can correct him by telling him that inforcement is spelled enforcement.
    That's pretty funny.....way to go Matt .......got your one in for the day... :crossx:

BoatPI
    Thank You for the correction (before coffee is my lame excuse). And yes, the hearing officer determined that the management was inept, corrupt, and in a nutshell not worth saving. The new city manager was spot on, and congrats to him for cleaning up such a mess. The city, it's officers, and the public deserve much more.
    I expect some worthy officers to be promoted, and others demoted if they do not wake up and fall in line. Both are justified in a quality run, enlightened organization that holds it's own accountable.
    This is all great news.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I read it as stating that the City had no say in who heard the case and therefore that person had 100% impartiality.

ChumpChange
    Oh heck, as long as it's open season on Mr. BoatPI today->
    Aparently=apparently
    adjenda=agenda
    Coffee time now. :coffeycup :coffeycup
    Might as well do cityguy also->
    Just to keep things accurate, the Hearing Officer was assigned to hear the case by the state.
    No caps on hearing officer.
    I crack myself up sometimes,
    Rio
    I wasn't rippin on PIs comments, I was ripping on NSFs. One minor detail and suddently it's a big deal. Some people just look for things wrong.

Not So Fast
    I wasn't rippin on PIs comments, I was ripping on NSFs. One minor detail and suddently it's a big deal. Some people just look for things wrong.
    Why you rippin on me, I was just asking if Charlie was sort of disputing the findings, thats all sir! Sorry I asked. NSF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast