Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 Firefighters dead

Debbolas
    so sad for the families...........my heart goes out to them........hope they get the arsonist

blackcloud75
    Arnold ,just announced $100,000.00 reward for arsonists arrest.
    Don't give Gov. Schwarzenegger the credit...........
    Fire Chief J.R. Hawkins(RivCoFD/CDF) stated this yesterday 20 min. after the area of orgin was investigated and Arson was determined(approx. 0930)
    The only reason he stated the reward, because he declared a "state of emergency" for Riv. Co. today........and the Upcoming Election
    Godspeed my brothers.........

3 daytona`s
    Is that dead or alive???
    Big difference between arson and murder

CBadDad
    Arnold doesn't give a rat's ass about firefighters and he certainly isn't posting any of his own money for the reward. It is all of California's money.
    Here are our departed Brothers. Godspeed men!
    The San Bernardino National Forest has released the names of the firefighters who lost their lives Thursday morning in the Esperanza Fire. They are:
    Capt. Mark Loutzenhiser, 44, of Idyllwild, had 21 years of service. He was a
    certified emergency management technician (EMT). He previously worked on the
    Vista Grande Hot Shots and a Riverside County volunteer firefighter. He
    majored in fire science at Mt. San Jacinto College. Mark was a great
    supporter and coach for the youth sports program.
    Jess McLean, 27, of Beaumont, was the fire engine operator and had seven
    years of service. He had also been on the Vista Grande Hot Shots for three
    years. He graduated from Banning High School in 1997 and attended fire
    science classes at Crafton Hills College.
    Jason McKay, 27, of Phelan, was assistant fire engine operator and had five
    years of service and four years as a volunteer firefighter in Adelanto. He
    also served on the Mojave Greens Type II crew. He was a certified EMT and
    has an associate’s degree in fire science.
    Daniel Hoover-Najera, 20, of San Jacinto, was in his second year of service.
    He worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew in 2005 and was a seasonal employee
    in 2006. He graduated from San Jacinto Mountain View High School in 2004.
    The name of the firefighter who remains in critical condition is:
    Pablo Cerda, 23, of Fountain Valley. He is in his second season of service. He also had previously worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew. He graduated from Los Amigos High School in Santa Ana in 2001 and attended fire academy at Riverside Community College.

3 daytona`s
    Arnold doesn't give a rat's ass about firefighters and he certainly isn't posting any of his own money for the reward. It is all of California's money.
    Here are our departed Brothers. Godspeed men!
    The San Bernardino National Forest has released the names of the firefighters who lost their lives Thursday morning in the Esperanza Fire. They are:
    Capt. Mark Loutzenhiser, 44, of Idyllwild, had 21 years of service. He was a
    certified emergency management technician (EMT). He previously worked on the
    Vista Grande Hot Shots and a Riverside County volunteer firefighter. He
    majored in fire science at Mt. San Jacinto College. Mark was a great
    supporter and coach for the youth sports program.
    Jess McLean, 27, of Beaumont, was the fire engine operator and had seven
    years of service. He had also been on the Vista Grande Hot Shots for three
    years. He graduated from Banning High School in 1997 and attended fire
    science classes at Crafton Hills College.
    Jason McKay, 27, of Phelan, was assistant fire engine operator and had five
    years of service and four years as a volunteer firefighter in Adelanto. He
    also served on the Mojave Greens Type II crew. He was a certified EMT and
    has an associate’s degree in fire science.
    Daniel Hoover-Najera, 20, of San Jacinto, was in his second year of service.
    He worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew in 2005 and was a seasonal employee
    in 2006. He graduated from San Jacinto Mountain View High School in 2004.
    The name of the firefighter who remains in critical condition is:
    Pablo Cerda, 23, of Fountain Valley. He is in his second season of service. He also had previously worked on the Tahquitz Type II crew. He graduated from Los Amigos High School in Santa Ana in 2001 and attended fire academy at Riverside Community College.
    Hey everyone I`m not bragging up Arnold just making a point his announcement of the reward.I just was sickened that someone started it in the first place,that is one sick POS. :crossx:

CBadDad
    No worries 3Daytona's.
    I just wonder how much these poor guys widows and orphans will get for survivor benefits? I think I'll do a search...

3 daytona`s
    No worries 3Daytona's.
    I just wonder how much these poor guys widows and orphans will get for survivor benefits? I think I'll do a search...
    I heard the fire changed directions and moved so fast the poor guys had no chance,can you imagine burning to death?Maybe sick to say but if Arson, may be an appropriate sentence.I bet the families would vote for it.A Husband,Father,Son,Brother O how many lives changed.

Kilrtoy
    I heard the fire changed directions and moved so fast the poor guys had no chance,can you imagine burning to death?Maybe sick to say but if Arson, may be an appropriate sentence.I bet the families would vote for it.A Husband,Father,Son,Brother O how many lives changed.
    I got caught just like that a year ago protecting the firemen who were trying to stop a fire from destroying peoples homes...
    One of the top three scariest times in my life....
    I feel for those families as their life has just been changed forever

3 daytona`s
    I got caught just like that a year ago protecting the firemen who were trying to stop a fire from destroying peoples homes...
    One of the top three scariest times in my life....
    I feel for those families as their life has just been changed forever
    KILR,I had heard the term firestorm for years,not realizing it is a fact and an extremely powerful one at that.Creates it`s own winds and weather factor itself.

CBadDad
    KILR,I had heard the term firestorm for years,not realizing it is a fact and an extremely powerful one at that.Creates it`s own winds and weather factor itself.
    That's true and it moves so damn fast there's not much you can do when conditions change.
    Here's what I found about survivors benefits;
    When federal employees die in the course of performing their jobs, their surviving spouses are eligible for 50 percent of their pay indefinitely, or until they remarry. If the employee has children, the widow gets 45 percent of pay and each child gets 15 percent. The government also pays for up to $800 in burial expenses.
    Now I have no way of knowing what each guys salary was, especially since two were full time employees and the other two (and possibly the third) were only seasonal. Assuming that the Captain was a GS11 (which seems about right), his pay was approx $44K/yr. That doesn't leave much for their widows and orphans, but it is better than I thought. No thanks to Arnold mind you...
    Arnold SUX!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast