Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off In Phoenix

ratso
    You know, being a businessman, usually I take other people's word on things, same with a handshake, and sometime it's gonna get you burned... but I promise, at least in cases with me, it's only temporarily. Now, on with my story...
    I had purchased a boat for resale. Seems the gimbal bearing was wiped out and it trashed the housing. Instead of ordering brand new, I go to good ole ebay, and as luck would have it, I find someone in Phoenix... or Page Arizona that happens to have a lot of them, at least in the picture he does. He actually has quite a few things as far as OMC and Merc stuff goes, so I'm thinking damn, I could do a lot of business with this guy... and I'm talking a lot. I have the largest and most in depth service center in my area. Well, I put this in my "Items to watch" on ebay until we pulled everything, and then I give this guy "Mike" a call. The listing had ended already, and he had like 99% feedback or something, so I figured he would be okay to deal with. After a few phone calls and an understanding as to what I needed, we did the deal. I sent a check out Priority Mail so he would get it quickly... on 9-21-06, for $525.00. I contacted him on 10-3-06 to find out the status of my part, and naturally he doesn't respond to emails or phone calls anymore. Finally we talk and he says he cashed my check but couldn't remember what he was supposed to ship me. :idea: Once again, we get it straight... Mercruiser Generation 2 Transom Housing... 2 weeks later, still no part. I had tried calling him for a week, numerous emails etc and so on. No calls returned, no emails returned. On 10-16-06, I sent an email and basically told him to return my money or ship the part... or I would involve the police, because this is theft. Normally I take these matters into my own hands, but defending felony assault charges is by no means inexpensive. :jawdrop: Ratso goes by the book now. About 2 minutes after I hit the send button, good ole Mike is returning my call, said he just got my email, apologized, said he had a broken leg or knee surgery... whatever, I just want my part because I have an ad running on a boat that has the mutha fukkin' motor hanging on a hoist and an outdrive laying on the floor and I can't sell the damn thing... He said he would ship it out and he is sorry it has taken so long... Now 10-27-06 and still no part... I guess what I'm getting at is I'm wondering if any of you know this guy, if you had any dealings with him... heck, if anyone can get the part from this clown and ship it to me and I'll pay for your time... Otherwise I'm getting a plane ticket and tracking this boy down, because he ain't beating me out of my frikkin' money...
    Any ideas anybody???
    This guy has an email address... omcmerc@gmail.com
    His name from what I gather, and address are as follows...
    Mike Sullivan
    PO Box 2544
    Page, AZ 86040
    866 274 9196
    928 645 5549
    Thanks...

RitcheyRch
    What a mess. Good luck.

Jyruiz
    That sucks. I read more and more stories like this all the time, guess that is why I have not purchased anything from fee-bay.

Tom Brown
    I wouldn't declare the deal Code Blue at a month.
    Some people take a long time to do anything. I think these deals have a better chance of being saved if you do your best to present as being respectful and understanding, even if you're not.
    Hang in there. Mike might yet come through.

Sleek-Jet
    Page is about 200 miles north of Phoenix...
    I think Mardonzi or Titties and Beer should go pay him a visit...

AzLakeLizard
    Well in the phone book his physical address is 1002 Vista ave here in Page..
    copied and forwarded it on to Mardonzi.. (he is flying into Page this afternoon.. we just might have to stop on by and pay him a visit.

TAF
    You know, being a businessman, usually I take other people's word on things, same with a handshake, and sometime it's gonna get you burned... but I promise, at least in cases with me, it's only temporarily. Now, on with my story...
    I had purchased a boat for resale. Seems the gimbal bearing was wiped out and it trashed the housing. Instead of ordering brand new, I go to good ole ebay, and as luck would have it, I find someone in Phoenix... or Page Arizona that happens to have a lot of them, at least in the picture he does. He actually has quite a few things as far as OMC and Merc stuff goes, so I'm thinking damn, I could do a lot of business with this guy... and I'm talking a lot. I have the largest and most in depth service center in my area. Well, I put this in my "Items to watch" on ebay until we pulled everything, and then I give this guy "Mike" a call. The listing had ended already, and he had like 99% feedback or something, so I figured he would be okay to deal with. After a few phone calls and an understanding as to what I needed, we did the deal. I sent a check out Priority Mail so he would get it quickly... on 9-21-06, for $525.00. I contacted him on 10-3-06 to find out the status of my part, and naturally he doesn't respond to emails or phone calls anymore. Finally we talk and he says he cashed my check but couldn't remember what he was supposed to ship me. :idea: Once again, we get it straight... Mercruiser Generation 2 Transom Housing... 2 weeks later, still no part. I had tried calling him for a week, numerous emails etc and so on. No calls returned, no emails returned. On 10-16-06, I sent an email and basically told him to return my money or ship the part... or I would involve the police, because this is theft. Normally I take these matters into my own hands, but defending felony assault charges is by no means inexpensive. :jawdrop: Ratso goes by the book now. About 2 minutes after I hit the send button, good ole Mike is returning my call, said he just got my email, apologized, said he had a broken leg or knee surgery... whatever, I just want my part because I have an ad running on a boat that has the mutha fukkin' motor hanging on a hoist and an outdrive laying on the floor and I can't sell the damn thing... He said he would ship it out and he is sorry it has taken so long... Now 10-27-06 and still no part... I guess what I'm getting at is I'm wondering if any of you know this guy, if you had any dealings with him... heck, if anyone can get the part from this clown and ship it to me and I'll pay for your time... Otherwise I'm getting a plane ticket and tracking this boy down, because he ain't beating me out of my frikkin' money...
    Any ideas anybody???
    This guy has an email address... omcmerc@gmail.com
    His name from what I gather, and address are as follows...
    Mike Sullivan
    PO Box 2544
    Page, AZ 86040
    866 274 9196
    928 645 5549
    Thanks...
    The dam is high and the Lake Powell is deep, need I say more? You could make a vacation out of it too. Have fun!

HTRDLNCN
    doing a reverse phone search came up with:
    Michael Sullivan
    1002 Vista Ave
    Marble Canyon, AZ
    (928) 645-5549

AzLakeLizard
    doing a reverse phone search came up with:
    Michael Sullivan
    1002 Vista Ave
    Marble Canyon, AZ
    (928) 645-5549
    Marble Canyon doesn't have a Vista Ave.. lol but that is ok.. at times we show up in GreenHaven while we reside in Page. :rollside:

Pheelin Phroggy
    We have taken a poll and concur with AzLakeLizard, Mardonzi and Titties and Beer should pay this "heeerooo" a visit and find out what the problem is. He probaly figures your so far away you won't come after him. A little weasel like this would probably crap his pants if a couple of local big boys showed up at his door on your behalf.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast