Hi Mardonzi and Ratso,
You probably won't believe it, but I read the whole story about your problems with Mike Sullivan.
I (a dutch guy) ordered a lower gearcase from OMC. After a month he shipped the item. I tracked it and found out it arrived in the Netherlands (according USPS.com).
After a few days, the status became "attempted to deliver". Unfortunately I haven't seen anybody and after a few calls with the dutch postoffice, I found out that the lower gearcase has been shipped back to his postoffice in PAGE. The dame part is there for 8 days now, I he still hasn't checked what is going on or why it has been shipped back.
Day after day, I mail Mike, and don't get a reply... Or occasionally I receive a reply like: "why did it sit for 8 days in Amsterdam? Why has it been shipped back? I'm not going to pay again the freight costs!"
I replied to him that he is the only one who can get the information, because it is stated on the letter which is together with the shipment in PAGE. I've tried to get all the information, but the postoffices can't, or are not willing to provide me the information, about the question why it has been shipped back.

The USPS tracking number is EH 428239953 US. Do you guys have any idea how I can solve this situation, because I'm tired ater 2 months of mailing, trying to call him and hoping (I transfered the money at the 9th of June and he replied at the 15th of June that it was on his bankaccount).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.