Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Note to shooters....

Jbb

centerhill condor
    zowie! make note to self.

YeLLowBoaT
    I hope they did a really good job on the bore siting... I hope they were atleast on the paper.

RiverDave
    What the hell is a bore site?
    2ndly as far as your signiature JBB, true sigs can't be altered from there original content when using someone elses words. You dont changed my shit there Brian.
    RD

Jbb
    You dont changed my shit there Brian.
    RD
    Have you been drinking?......

ratso
    Thank God one of the Hot Chicks From ***boat wasn't holdin' on to that gun... :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    Have you been drinking?
    lmao!
    As far as the split barrel goes; been there, done that.

YeLLowBoaT
    What the hell is a bore site?
    2ndly as far as your signiature JBB, true sigs can't be altered from there original content when using someone elses words. You dont changed my shit there Brian.
    RD
    bore siting is where you aline the scope with the barrel.( IE if you imagine a strait line coming out of the barrel, that is what you aline the scope.) From there you can find tune.

Goad
    didnt anyone here watch that episode of mythbusters?
    they proved this as a complete myth. Gun Barrels just dont 'bannana peel' like that...
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Finger in a Barrel
    Cartoon Myth: If you stick your finger in the barrel of a gun, the gun will explode. The shooter will be injured but you will be fine.
    There was a great cartoon done for this myth that featured reinterpretations of Adam's "Am I missing an eyebrow?" quote and Jamie's "Quack, damn you" quote.
    Setup
    Shotgun with remote control trigger
    Ballistics gel hand with a skeleton cast inside of it for rigidity. The hand was attached to Buster.
    Balllistics gel bust for the shooter The bust was made from a cast of Grant.
    Tory: "Coming up on MythBusters"
    Kari: "Can we get Grant out of this mold?"
    The Tests
    Test 1 (gel hand): Buster's gel finger was stuck inside the shotgun barrel. The entire hand was blown apart with no damage to the shotgun.
    Test 2 (wax hand): They used a stronger ballistic hand made of wax to plug the barrel. The wax hand was blown apart but the shotgun barrel was ballooned slightly.
    At this point they declared the myth busted and moved on to trying to replicate the myth. They wanted to get a 'banana peel' result by firing the shotgun.
    Test 3 (dirt): Tory stuffed the barrel of a shotgun with dirt. The end of the barrel peeled back slightly, but the shooter was fine.
    Test 4 (Steel spike): They welded a steel spike into the barrel. The gun shot the spike out with only minor damage to the end of the barrel.
    Test 5 (squib load): A squib load is a bullet that doesn't have enough gunpowder to exit the barrel. Jamie hammered a bullet into the end of the barrel. The end of the barrel bulged, but it didn't banana peel.
    Not only was this myth busted, but MythBusters failed at even replicating the result of this myth.
    mythbusted While it was cool that they ballooned the end of the barrel, it didn't explode, the hand was blown apart, and the shooter was safe.

Tom Brown
    they proved this as a complete myth. Gun Barrels just dont 'bannana peel' like that...
    If this is the case, Mythbusters is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast