Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towing in the fast lane............

Debbolas
    Towing in the fast lane................is it that legal?
    On my way back from my folks place in HB, I saw a red jeep,facing me in the fast lane....being towed on one of those car tow things, by a pickup truck, packed to the brim with camping stuff and a case of gatoraid thrown on top.
    He was going slow, so I'm waiting......to give him time to move over, because, he really shouldn't be there.......all these cars pass him, he stays put.
    so I finally pass him and "gently" suggest he move his wife, kids, jeep and gatoraid over to a slower lane.......(hey, I was nice )
    He was still there in THAT lane when I got off the fwy?
    Is that legal?

BajaMike
    Towing in the fast lane................is it that legal?
    On my way back from my folks place in HB, I saw a red jeep,facing me in the fast lane....being towed on one of those car tow things, by a pickup truck, packed to the brim with camping stuff and a case of gatoraid thrown on top.
    He was going slow, so I'm waiting......to give him time to move over, because, he really shouldn't be there.......all these cars pass him, he stays put.
    so I finally pass him and "gently" suggest he move his wife, kids, jeep and gatoraid over to a slower lane.......(hey, I was nice )
    He was still there in THAT lane when I got off the fwy?
    Is that legal?
    No, not legal. When towing, you have to be in the right lane except when passing slower vehicles.
    :idea:

sigepmock
    No not at all. Towing is only allowed in the tow most right lanes on a 3 or 4 lane fwy.
    That is one of my biggest pet peives...

Debbolas
    I knew it!!!!
    :crossx: :yuk:
    That idiot, was TOTALLY endangering his wife and kids (I don't care about him :crossx: )
    The Jeep looked brand new and off road ready..........hope they make it through the weekend

I saw a guy towing a boat in the fastrack a few weeks ago.

Roxysnow
    It is illegal to tow in the far left lane! I got a BS ticket 5 years ago for it! I got it on the 15fwy. The 215 fwy drops you off onto the 15 frwy and it automatically puts you in the far left lane, (if your on the outside lane trying to go south on the 15fwy). Got popped by CHP less than a mile on the 15 fwy coming from the 215 frwy S.

racecar.hotshoe
    When towing you have the same rules as the Big Trucks speed to!

Debbolas
    This guy was on the 210 in the fast lane from the 57 to past Haven :crossx:

squirt'nmyload
    if your trailer is capable(meaning safe enough) then whats the problem with it if your keeping up with traffic???

BajaMike
    if your trailer is capable(meaning safe enough) then whats the problem with it if your keeping up with traffic???
    It's against the law in California..... :idea:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast