Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's this worth?

BigBoyToys
    I was bidding on this 1978 Biesemeyer And was high bid until a "new" bidder came in and started bidding crazy. I think that the high bidder is an alias for the seller. The seller has emailed me numerous times and told me that it's worth so much and I should keep bidding (ROFLMAO!)
    He says that the 650hp engine is "worth" $15000.00.....(another ROFLMAO) and that the boat will do 120mph+ (uh huh...). I see no whirlaway in the pics (more $$ later) and I see some plates that are WAAAYYYY out of adjustment. Also a wing that is useless on this particular boat (IMO), and a ski tow? Almost thinking that someone don't know WTF they are doing and don't know what he has or what it's worth....
    What do you folks think? What's it worth?
    [ April 20, 2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
    This 1987 Biesemeyer seems like a much better deal.

GofastRacer
    Nice boat, looks like the narrow one!..

BigBoyToys
    GofastRacer:
    Nice boat, looks like the narrow one!.. Which one, the 1978 or the 1987? What's the thing worth GFR?

Sangster
    BBT's..It says he will sell less motor, Isn't your motor 650hp+...
    [ April 20, 2003, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

BigBoyToys
    Sangster:
    BBT's..It says he will sell less motor, Isn't your motor 650hp.... Yep...But the guy wants to wait till the end of auction to deal minus motor. And, I think he's gonna want an arm and a leg for the boat....even minus motor.

Sangster
    Looks like it met the reserve, so it will sell with motor....

GofastRacer
    BigBoyToys:
    GofastRacer:
    Nice boat, looks like the narrow one!.. Which one, the 1978 or the 1987? What's the thing worth GFR? The 87, if it's as good inside as it looks on the outside, it's worth it!. The 78 looks like one of Dwayne Bolton's Spitfires though?. I think the 87 is a better deal by far!. Just my .02.....
    [ April 20, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

BigBoyToys
    Sangster:
    Looks like it met the reserve, so it will sell with motor.... Well, if ya saw the email that was sent to me about the "lowered" reserve and the subsequent new high bidder (coincidently has the same zip code as the seller)...... Well, let's just say that I think that the "high bidder" that met the reserve is an alias for the seller. Look at the bid history.... My highest bid was $8000.00 and then someone came in and bid $9500.00? How's that work since ebay only takes it up a minimum amount each bid in order to beat the other bids (up to your maximum bid amount)????

BigBoyToys
    GofastRacer:
    BigBoyToys:
    GofastRacer:
    Nice boat, looks like the narrow one!.. Which one, the 1978 or the 1987? What's the thing worth GFR? The 87, if it's as good inside as it looks on the outside, it's worth it!. The 78 looks like one of Dwayne Bolton's Spitfires though?. Yeah....I like the 87 but it's kinda far. A bit confusing in the ad too. Tells all the details on the motor and then says minus engine? What's up with that? I'm gonna call about it tonight.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast