Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen's New Bass Player............

Rod-64
    November 09, 2006, 11:10 AM ET
    Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
    Eddie Van Halen has tapped his 15-year-old son, Wolfgang, as the replacement for Michael Anthony in Van Halen, a spokesperson confirms to Billboard.com. Father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour, but it is unknown who will serve as the band's vocalist.
    Rumors continue to swirl that David Lee Roth will be back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years. Roth told Billboard.com in May that he hadn't seen Eddie Van Halen in "a couple of years" but that he was up for reuniting with his old mate.
    "I see it absolutely as an inevitability," said Roth. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."
    No details have been provided about Anthony's departure, although Van Halen knocked the bassist for aligning himself with Sammy Hagar during a September appearance on "The Howard Stern Show."
    "I got no problem with these guys, but they're billing themselves as the other half of Van Halen," he said. "My brother is the other half of Van Halen. They're out there selling hot sauce and tequila and playing all my songs. It doesn't bother me. It just makes them a cover band."
    As for the musical acumen of Wolfgang, he enthused, "If I excel at the speed of sound, he excels at the speed of light. This kid is just a natural."

mxbundy
    I personally think Eddie is one of the best guitar players ever, but he still is an ASS! I likes both renditions of Van Halen, but in the end I would rather hang with Sammy and Michael and do tequila shots.
    Sammy`s work with with Montrose is better than anything Van Halen ever did.
    Buy the way that lttle ol english band in you sig line is one of favorites, LONG LIVE EDDIE!
    bundy

Rod-64
    I personally think Eddie is one of the best guitar players ever, but he still is an ASS! I likes both renditions of Van Halen, but in the end I would rather hang with Sammy and Michael and do tequila shots.
    Buy the way that lttle ol english band in you sig line is one of favorites, LONG LIVE EDDIE!
    bundy
    Up The Irons!! :crossx:

boater72
    bundy
    Now those were the good old days. Ronnie Montrose's guitar skills and fine vocal works of sammy haggar on Rock The Nation !!!! Swing Auditorium San Bernadino Ca. Was a great concert.

mxbundy
    GET ON YER BAD MOTOR SCOOTER AND RIDE!
    YOUR LIKE ROCK CANDY, BABY, HARD, SWEET AND.........STICKY!!!!!
    HELL YEA!!! :220v: :220v: :220v:
    bundy

BAE_557
    I think the lyrics went something like this...........
    But you're rock candy baby
    Hard, sweet and sticky
    Rock candy baby
    Hard, sweet and sticky

mxbundy
    Thanks,
    You are right, already fixed it! :rollside:
    bundy

Rayhill
    I thought it was "Hot! Sweet! and Sticky!
    Reminds me of "Panama". Old girlfriend thought it was "Had Enough!" "Had Enou-ou-ou-uff!" I am reminded of her everytime I hear that song!

Rayhill
    Wasnt Michael Anthony featured in Hot Boat a long time ago with his Party Deck?

slink
    They'll go out and tour w/ Dave, make millions and Eddie will hoard it all from Wolfgang, claiming he is a minor. Wolfgang will realize his dad F'ed him and start VH2, touring w/ Sammy and Michael and make his own millions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast