Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Havasu Housing Market

SummitKarl
    I paid less than that for mine 2 years ago. Brand new 1500 sq.ft. on a 11,000 sq. ft corner lot. I think the prices to build haven't gone up too much, its the price of the lots that have.
    price to build not that much, what was $169k 2yrs ago (our Kimberly model,= 1671,3bdr/2ba/3car is now $190ish)
    now the $35k lot 2-3 years ago is $150k
    heck my own lot (alone) is most likely worth 3x what I paid for the whole lot and house, at this point I wonder if I even need HOI anymore,
    hell let it burn I will still make a killing on the lot alone

shueman
    .....now the $35k lot 2-3 years ago is $150k....
    That's the biggest unbelieveable... :220v:

cc322
    IMO there is nothing wrong with taking somme equity out of you home to purchase a appresiating asset (real estate). just be prepared to go through the peeks and vallyes. Now if you took your equity out to buy a depreciating assets like boats, cars, sand toys, etc, you may be in for a little trouble. Havasu will always be a resort town it will never yeild the big dollars for homes such as OC, LA, Ventura, or even Nor Cal, just not enough industry there to support it. Havasu.... great place to hang, but woouldnt want to live there full time...at least not yet :rollside:

I coulda swore I read on this forum (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86399) a few months ago that Havasu properties wouldn't be affected by a slowdown and would just keep a growin till it hit Phoenix or some shit. hmmm, maybe it was another forum.

BoatPI
    About 4 1/2 years ago I passed on a very nice Burns home on the golf course for $245. At that time lesser homes were available new with a lot for $119K. I ended up spending 270K for an older large house with 1/2 acre. I did good, and everyone that purchhased up until summer of 2005 did good for a value. But material costs and land prices went way up at that point.

RiverToysJas
    I coulda swore I read on this forum (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86399) a few months ago that Havasu properties wouldn't be affected by a slowdown and would just keep a growin till it hit Phoenix or some shit. hmmm, maybe it was another forum.
    But you did read it on the internet, so it must be true! :idea:
    RTJas

ratso
    I guess I was spoiled here in Texas. I used to build a few homes, live in them, and sell them. It was very profitable for awhile. My first home I ever built was in 82, 1400sq ft, lot cost 400 and built home for 24K...sold for 59K. Fast forward to 98, 3000sq ft, 12 acres cost me 15K and built for 85K...sold for just under 200K. Those were the good ole days. I've bought and sold a few since, but building is out of the question... just too expensive. That 3000sq ft home now, in my neck of the woods...going that custom, would run me well over 300K. I'm sitting on a nice piece of property but just not ready to throw that kind of "change" at anything.

SummitKarl
    and I still stand by that, western AZ will do just that, just not in a couple of months or at the 30+% rate it was, whoop dee doo so we are correcting a bit, I will take 12% on my money any day
    it took 40yrs to over crowd North San Diego county, and two "corrections"

wsuwrhr
    Fast forward a few years down the road and I'll be out there too. I have wanted a second home out there for years now.
    bRian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123