Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Clown Royal's New F32

XFactor
    I can see where people might be mislead.....
    Merc's number is blower pulley to prop nut, Ilmors is just the engine- likely bare with no accy's- steel BBC's are 800ish 850 lbs tops. the NXT1 drive is well published to be a bit heavier which is why you're seeing the 1500ish number rather than the 1250ish number for a bravo. Apples and oranges dude, sure it was innocent- just trying to keep peeps from being mislead
    How's it apples and oranges? The Ilmor pkg with an Imco is less than 1200 lbs. Who said anything about a Bravo? Now were talking 700 lbs difference. Merc fan or not, 700 lbs is going to change the performance of a boat.....period! Set'em up side by side and I'll bet the Ilmors stay right with the Merc's. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the mercs up to about 80mph. That's about when the blowers finally compensate for the weight and will actually make a difference. Just my .02.

XFactor
    The 700's with the NXT is the set up, period. What a great way to go if you want to stay out of 850-1075 #6 package. I wouldn't own the Ilmors if they were half the weight and half the cost. No thanks those motors lose so much power during summer months and the 710 comes with a bravo style drive. Some owners on here would tell ya how much slower they are with the heat. The Merc. setup will make the 700hp almost all the time, as does the rest of the Merc. line.
    Congrats on the first 700 32'. Now somebody needs to put together a 700 NXT 29! Now that would be a runner.
    How much power does the 7-10 Ilmors lose during the summer? How can you even know they lose power during the summer? They've only been out for a couple months.
    No thanks on a blower motor. How long can you stay in a blower motor? How hard can you push one? I'll take the Ilmor service. I've had Mercs and know what could be expected when a problem occurs. NO THANKS. My experience sucked with Mercury Racing.
    Again......just my .02. :yuk:

ClownRoyal
    Numbers: 5-blade 39 Merc CNCs ... 134mph before hitting the rev limiters. Mid-range acceleration still phenominal. Hull shot a tad lazy but acceptable.

Kaotic
    Numbers: 5-blade 39 Merc CNCs ... 134mph before hitting the rev limiters. Mid-range acceleration still phenominal. Hull shot a tad lazy but acceptable.
    Nice numbers Clown. Are you thinking about any changes to the drive gearing now that you keep hitting the limiters?
    It is Tuesday am here in Tokyo right now. Headed out for some breakfast and then a full day at the Toshiba factory. Crystal is spending her days cruising Tokyo. Are you going to be out this weekend?

Cattitude1
    How's it apples and oranges? The Ilmor pkg with an Imco is less than 1200 lbs. Who said anything about a Bravo? Now were talking 700 lbs difference. Merc fan or not, 700 lbs is going to change the performance of a boat.....period! Set'em up side by side and I'll bet the Ilmors stay right with the Merc's. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the mercs up to about 80mph. That's about when the blowers finally compensate for the weight and will actually make a difference. Just my .02.
    Dude- no offense- but your so busy being an ilmor fan you're not slowing down to comprehend......
    Imco package is glorified Bravo- take your ilmor with transom assy/Imco and as you state- near 1200 lbs. What I'm trying to say is, so is the merc BBC with an imco bravo style package. Seems like I've read somewhere the ilmor does save 200 lb per package, and I do believe that could be true- though I don't know it to be true.
    So, just a friendly wager of a case of your favorite cold beverage..... there is no where close to 700 lbs diff on comparable packages, please try to comprehend before your respond this time.....
    The neat thing andy was getting at is the 700 is overbuilt and detuned to make 700- the computer/management system is setup to compensate for heat/altitude/ barometric pressure- it makes 700 whether its february off the coast of main or august at Tahoe.
    sorry for the hijack- Nice boat and great numbers :rollside:

andy01
    Congrats, nice numbers. A 39 is big!

XFactor
    Dude- no offense- but your so busy being an ilmor fan you're not slowing down to comprehend......
    Imco package is glorified Bravo- take your ilmor with transom assy/Imco and as you state- near 1200 lbs. What I'm trying to say is, so is the merc BBC with an imco bravo style package. Seems like I've read somewhere the ilmor does save 200 lb per package, and I do believe that could be true- though I don't know it to be true.
    So, just a friendly wager of a case of your favorite cold beverage..... there is no where close to 700 lbs diff on comparable packages, please try to comprehend before your respond this time.....
    The neat thing andy was getting at is the 700 is overbuilt and detuned to make 700- the computer/management system is setup to compensate for heat/altitude/ barometric pressure- it makes 700 whether its february off the coast of main or august at Tahoe.
    sorry for the hijack- Nice boat and great numbers :rollside:
    Try to follow me here. 350 lbs per side makes (that's times 2) 700 lbs. Now pick up the phone and talk with Ilmor. The 7-10 is built exactly with that same mind set, detune and build for more hp on the same platform later. I'm not so much a Ilmor fan as I'm NOT a Mercury fan. Been there, done that and I know I don't want to go back. Oh, one more question.....where's main? :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

ClownRoyal
    Merc calls it the PCM. The Propulsion Control Module (PCM) microprocessor controls the supercharger and continuously adjusts the amount of boost needed to provied consistant 700 crankshaft horsepower when operating in any conditions. That includes ambient temp, altitude, etc.
    Well...I to be honest will believe it when I see it. Running this weekend in Havasu as apposed to in the Summer when it is 120+ degrees or when in Idaho running at 2000 feet above sea level. We shall see and I will post results in about 10 months from now. All I know is it runs like a raped ape right now.

OCM
    It sounds like your having a great time with your new ride. Bring us some sun when you come back up north.

dicudmore
    Merc calls it the PCM. The Propulsion Control Module (PCM) microprocessor controls the supercharger and continuously adjusts the amount of boost needed to provied consistant 700 crankshaft horsepower when operating in any conditions. That includes ambient temp, altitude, etc.
    Well...I to be honest will believe it when I see it. Running this weekend in Havasu as apposed to in the Summer when it is 120+ degrees or when in Idaho running at 2000 feet above sea level. We shall see and I will post results in about 10 months from now. All I know is it runs like a raped ape right now.
    I can verify that it runs good--real good

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast