Thread: What all do I need??

Currently I have a jetovator and I want to put a manual place diverter on my tug. Now what all do I need to make this work like all you guys have. My throttle and reverse bucket operate togeother. So how do I get this like you guys have? I noticed most jets have there reverse buckets all the way up. So do I need a separate cable and handle for this? If I'm thinking right I will need 3 handles and cables????? for throttle,reverse and place diverter is this correct? I really don't wanna foot throttle cause then I have to stay seated all the time. Here's what I have now http://content.photodex.com/deliver/sharing/displayImage/Boat%201%20(4).JPG?fl=2649838&ss=1003

Sorry I'm not able to post a pic at work cause this company is to cheap to put cable in and I'am to impatient to wait for dial up to load image :crossx:

Ken F
    What most boats have is a divirter lever (for trim) mounted on the floor.
    Foot Throttle.
    Forward/Reverse lever
    If I'm understanding you right, your forward/reverse is now attached to your throttle lever like an outboard?
    If so, it's going to get pretty complicated to drive! You would have a throttle lever
    Divirter handle
    forward/reverse lever
    Seems like KP216 had a set-up like this. Maybe he could chime in and let you know how he's done it (or you might PM him-good guy, very helpful)
    Hope this helps
    ken

Devilman
    Hey 4trax, you may try PMing TexasJet as well. He has a Baja with a setup like Ken F described. Throttle & forward/reverse are one one lever. He has a diverter, but honestly, I couldn't tell ya if it was manual or hydraulic. He's a nice guy though, he should be able to give ya some info....
    Seems like if you went with a manual diverter, its cable operation would still be independant of the throttle & forward/reverse.....

sdba069
    I have TexasJet's boat here. I've worked on several Baja's and Glastrons with the side mounted throttle/shifter box. You might give me a call and let me know what exactly you are trying to do and I'll try to help. 254-889-3336. It will be about an hour before I get back in the shop, 10:30 a.m. here now. Working on a computer network problem, but you are more than welcome to give me a call.

4trax, technically you do not have a "Jet-O-Vator". What you have there is a JF pump which is a variant of the JE. The difference is that goofy combination steering/trim nozzle setup. Installing the JE-type Place diverter will be fairly straightforward, but not without some mods. The JF bowl doesn't have the flat mounting pads machined inside the nozzle opening like the JE/JC/JG bowls. You will need to add these or switch bowls. You will also have to plug the hole in the transom where your current trim control cable is located. The Diverter cable will enter the diverter bracket from on top so cable will need to be routed accordingly. There will likely be cable interference with your swim step. It is also possible to switch all controls to the JC/JG style, allowing you to use the more common JC/JG diverter(if you are buying used) but that, too, will cause interference problems with your swim step.
    If your current setup works, why are you changing it? Are you only trying to get a "manual control" hooked up to your existing trim?
    Your reverse gate issue is just a matter of proper cable/control adjustment.

I was told the only difference between JF and JE is JF come with electric control trim. This is what I have. It says jet-o-vator right on it.

The difference between the JE and JF is the trimmable nozzle on the JF. The JE has no trim.
    The control box says "Jet-O-Vator" because it is the same one used with the actual "Jet-O-Vator" nozzle assembly. If you were to find a "Jet-O-Vator" nozzle assembly for a JC or JG, you would see it is a totally different device than what the JF has.
    If your only goal is to convert to manual control of what you have, all you need is a manual control handle assembly and a cable of sufficient length.