Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP choosing a blower to make 1000hp

Infomaniac
    Yep I was going to suggest a Whipple if you are dead set on no intercooler.
    I can help you out also on the engine if you havent lost faith in engine shops yet.
    1,000 HP on pump gas is easy.

TIMINATOR
    Four comments that require no replies:
    This is why I never recomend anyone for anything. I won't be responsible for your personal conflicts.
    If you came into my shop complaining about all of the shops that "did" you, I would not take in your work. 30 years of doing business has taught me that everyone that complains about the "last guy" will find SOMTHING to complain about the "next guy". I am not gonna be the "last guy".
    If a customer wants me to build or machine somthing that I don't believe in, (NO INTERCOOLER as an example),I will refuse the job, I have many times. I would rather have a reputation as the a**hole that refused to do your job, rather than the a**hole that you say screwed it up. People will tell everyone WHO did the job that didn't work out, but they allways leave out the part about who's idea it was to do it the way THEY wanted.
    A debate where only one side is represented is only a B*tch session.
    TIMINATOR

DEL51
    Mounted on a 598ci 1400hp engine.
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3...007copyby3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
    that is the best looking whipple so far, eye candy.looks like the older style roots.

JMC
    Dont get mad Born2Burn.....get even! If someone has screwed you call the attorney general and file a complaint. If you were jipped out of parts from a company out of state your local AG will be all ears.

born2burn
    Four comments that require no replies:
    This is why I never recomend anyone for anything. I won't be responsible for your personal conflicts.
    If you came into my shop complaining about all of the shops that "did" you, I would not take in your work. 30 years of doing business has taught me that everyone that complains about the "last guy" will find SOMTHING to complain about the "next guy". I am not gonna be the "last guy".
    If a customer wants me to build or machine somthing that I don't believe in, (NO INTERCOOLER as an example),I will refuse the job, I have many times. I would rather have a reputation as the a**hole that refused to do your job, rather than the a**hole that you say screwed it up. People will tell everyone WHO did the job that didn't work out, but they allways leave out the part about who's idea it was to do it the way THEY wanted.
    A debate where only one side is represented is only a B*tch session.
    TIMINATOR
    Timinator.......most are that way.......however, the no intercooler I just learned isnt the right way to go about this........Craig and Kevin the crook told me that a intercooler will only restrict flow and is not worth the money because of the colder water temps that I run in......water temp dosnt matter its the charge temp that matters. As for the praising vs. the bitching as you stated.......I always praise the people who deserve it.......its too bad more of this dosnt happen throughout the industry. I am currently working with Laz of Mesa Balancing and he is a great guy to deal with.....very knowledgeable and easy to talk with and understand. I have the one of the best in the industry in my corner now so things are defiantly looking up. Look for my posts about all the "good" at a later date.
    I know you mentioned no response necessary........however, this is not a bitch session only a warning to others from poor business people.
    Cheers !

born2burn
    Dont get mad Born2Burn.....get even! If someone has screwed you call the attorney general and file a complaint. If you were jipped out of parts from a company out of state your local AG will be all ears.
    JMC-
    Not mad......bitter as this has affected more than just my boating season. Its unfortunate that more info like this wasnt available when I was doing background checks on these guys before dealing with them. Hopefully this will help shed some light on the shady companies out there and keep anyone else from experiencing what I have this past year.
    Your right about the get even part........3 class "B" felonies and one class "C" felony coming up....... :hammer2:

Jspeeddemon
    Born to burn, good talking with you yesterday, I am glad to see you using this forum to gather some unbiased information, ususally the advice on here is very good and straight up.

Cat & Mice
    Wow! This is the first I have seen this blower on motor. Way Cool!!
    I guess you can have the big bad ass look of old school blowers with new technology that makes power now.
    MP

Cat & Mice
    Dustin,
    does that intercooler have two inputs and outputs? or is it 2 different coolers on tp op of each other?
    MP

KNOT-RIGHT
    I beleave thats his double row intercooler.
    Dustin I will order two for carburated with 6 inch snouts.
    Please let me know when I can have them.
    I am ready when you are.
    Thanks
    Gerry
    401-255-5242
    BY BY Mooneys and Hello Whipple!
    Here is what there going on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast