Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP choosing a blower to make 1000hp

Blown 555
    Try a Vortech centrifugal supercharger. My 555" BBC made 1182 HP@6100 RPM and 1142 ft lbs of torque @ 5100 RPM with a single 4150 carb. Boost comes up fairly quickly and with peak HP at such a realitivly low RPM, parts live allot longer.

CATch-up
    blown 555 what carb and cam you running and at what boost thanks

Dominator Scott
    I have already been scammed by one shop that was recommended to me by Craig Railsback of BDS and lost most of my build parts and $12K. The shop recommended by Craig Railsback of BDS was TURBO DIRECT of Bainbridge Island WA. I am trying to recover from those losses with no help from Craig Railsback of BDS and get back on the water. I am a working stiff with a young family looking to get this build behind me for sanity sake since we had to sit out this year do to Craig Railsback of BDS. It has been one year come Thanksgiving week that the scam started.
    Any help and or knowledge you can pass along would greatly be appreciated.
    My goal is 1000hp "safely" on pump gas (92). Which blower will effectively help me get there "WITH OUT A CHILLER" as our water we run on stays at a constant temp and never gets above 65ΒΊ F. My elevation is 600' above sea level.
    My build is as follows:
    Dart Tall deck 4.6 bore
    Lunati Pro 4.5 stroke
    Lunati Pro 6.7 rods
    Coated JE pistons 8.5:1 with 120cc chambers
    Coated bearings
    Jessel rocker shafts
    Dart 360's 120cc chambers
    KE pan
    Morosso external oil pump
    Dart 360's flow numbers as follows:
    .500 331.5/202.9
    .600 356.7/223.8
    .700 375.9/238.3
    2.30" Int/ 1.88" Exh.
    If anyone is interested in the story of the scam from beginning to current it can be read here.
    http://www.speedwake.com/upload/show...threadid=36422
    B2B, Whats up pal?
    Give this guy a call. He is here in Michigan but I can personally vouch for him since he did a total recondition on my blowers and did some port work on them and they perform better now then when they were new!!!!
    He designs and builds the Kobelco Superman Blower and is GREAT to deal with.
    Darren Mayer Performance Engineering
    269-428-5070
    Tell him Scott Lawrence sent you.

SED253
    I'll vouch for DMPE also...Was hooked up with them from Scott ...and Bryan is a great guy to deal with...He's completeky redoing my blower as we speak...Thanks Scott for the hook up

Blown 555
    Catch up - I'm running 17lbs of boost from my Vortech YSI supercharger. The cam is a custom LSM grind that is NOT optimal for centrifucal supercharging, but it's not that far off. (268/274 @ .050 X .750" lift) The carb is a CSU (http://www.csucarbs.com/) http://members.cox.net/fastnuf/CSUCarb.jpg

Dominator Scott
    I'll vouch for DMPE also...Was hooked up with them from Scott ...and Bryan is a great guy to deal with...He's completeky redoing my blower as we speak...Thanks Scott for the hook up
    Not a problem buddy. I was very impressed with DMPE when I dropped my blowers off to them. Their shop is state of the art and they are up front and honest which seems to be rare these days. When I dropped my blowers off he gave me an estimate of the repair bill and a time frame to do it. When I picked them up the price was within $10.00 of what he said and he had them done 3 days after his target date. :rollside: DMPE will get all my business from here on out when it comes to blower work. :rollside:

Whipple Charged
    Dustin,
    does that intercooler have two inputs and outputs? or is it 2 different coolers on tp op of each other?
    MP
    Yes, this is our MOAC (Mother Of All Coolers) and it has 2 inlets, 2 outlets. We have logs that make them one -16 in and one -16 outlet.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

BOOGEYMAN
    what is the price on one of these new whipples??

Fiat48
    Four comments that require no replies:
    This is why I never recomend anyone for anything. I won't be responsible for your personal conflicts.
    If you came into my shop complaining about all of the shops that "did" you, I would not take in your work. 30 years of doing business has taught me that everyone that complains about the "last guy" will find SOMTHING to complain about the "next guy". I am not gonna be the "last guy".
    If a customer wants me to build or machine somthing that I don't believe in, (NO INTERCOOLER as an example),I will refuse the job, I have many times. I would rather have a reputation as the a**hole that refused to do your job, rather than the a**hole that you say screwed it up. People will tell everyone WHO did the job that didn't work out, but they allways leave out the part about who's idea it was to do it the way THEY wanted.
    A debate where only one side is represented is only a B*tch session.
    TIMINATOR
    I just have to say.....amen.

DEL51
    How much for the new whipple? Can it feed a bigger engine as well as the twin whipple setup? Is it equal to an 8-71 or other type roots? I have had a bad experience with BDS when I stated getting into blowers, it did not cost me money.Littlefield is what i use and customer service was great. Can a whipple be priced competitively with the traditional guys? What about a side by side comparison?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast