Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: HELP choosing a blower to make 1000hp

Whipple Charged
    Prices start around 6k and go up from there depending on the finish and other componets. There's no way to make it anywhere near the price of the standard roots. Every piece is more expensive except for the housing, which could be produced at a similar price. The gears are helical cut, very high tolerence, the rotors are a pre-stressed high grade aluminum, different than standard round bar, very high tolerance rotor cutting with a very expensive, unique machine, etc.
    @ 1000hp, 10psi with a standard 1071, it will make OVER 150hp and gives far more ability than any roots out there. It's equal to a 1671, not a 871. But because it's a screw, it has a the range of a 871-1671 with a very high efficiency level. The only advantage a roots has over this is price, there is no comparison in temperature or parasitic losses.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

DEL51
    Are they available now and will you keep a fair number in stock? Will it bolt to a standard roots manifold? Can I use my superchiller with it? Would it work with an injector hat? is it heavier than a roots? Thanks, DEL51

Whipple Charged
    Are they available now and will you keep a fair number in stock? Will it bolt to a standard roots manifold? Can I use my superchiller with it? Would it work with an injector hat? is it heavier than a roots? Thanks, DEL51
    They will be in stock dec. 21st. We will keep them in stock.
    They will bolt to a standard roots manifold, but I have not checked everyone to make sure there are no distributor clearances, some have different offsets.
    You can use your superchiller.
    It will work with an injector hat, it has the same, 100% same as a standar 1071 roots so an Enderle injector, dual carb adapters, etc. will work.
    Heavier? Depends on which one your comparing too, but it's 75lbs.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

HEAVYBOAT
    Dustin. New blower looks great. Congrats!
    How much cfm would that 305 flow approximately and how will that new blower distribute the air/fuel? Any testing on the cylinder distribution?
    Thanks

BradZ
    So the quad rotor is no longer produced? I was planning to use a whipple on my next engine. Looks like I need to keep the big scoops on the hatch. I currently run a BDS 16:71. BDS has been great to deal with.
    As to comment of not needing an intercooler on a 1000hp engine. Horrible advise.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234