Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb Linkage Synch

Highlimit9000
    Dual 1090's Demon's on blower
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...emon_Carbs.JPG
    Going nuts!! My First time doing this, I thought it would be easy. I am trying to follow instructions but still not happenin. I set them up and then one secondary opens full then the other doesn't. Then Vice Versa... Must have gone through the process 5 times with various adjustments....Any 5th grade instructions out there? John

fc-pilot
    Simple. Remove carbs, then install enderle hat. Done.
    (Sorry, I could not resist. You can beat the crap out of me at the finals in Phoenix if you feel you need to). I would have helped if I could, but I have even less experience with that setup than you.
    Paul

Simple. Remove carbs, then install enderle hat. Done.
    Word up.
    I have never put on the sideways linkage. But you know how opinions are. Are the arms that are coming off the main shaft connecting to the heim joint for the carb the same length? And are they parrellel to each other??? (same angle/position when at idle)

old flat
    Use ONLY Enderle linkage kit; available from BDS or Good Vibrations, both in Whittier, Ca. DO NOT USE THE BRAND X JUNK!! Plumbing looks right. Install linkage kit, check for WOT on front carb with throttle cable from boat, then make sure back carb is at WOT and adjust it as needed, (with the left/right threaded rods in kit), then check for throttle plate close on both, i.e. front carb isn't holding rear carb 'off idle'; double check WOT on both carbs and you're done. I have this linkage on two boats, one tunnel ram, one blower, like yours, not really my engines set in the boats the right way, flywheel toward front of boat LOL; both are 4150 Holley DP side saddle config with no problems.

You know John, It's been my experience..at five times
    I'd only be half way!....

corleone.... Sorry about the "John"---Looked at Morgs avatar and....
    my bad...Steve

82SANGER
    I have a copy of the Enderle Linkage instructions if you want them I will try to e-mail them to you?

Schiada76
    What linkage are you using?
    Weiand's is real simple and clean.

Highlimit9000
    What linkage are you using?
    Weiand's is real simple and clean.
    Enderle, I am gonna try something different today. Gonna turn the bracket around on the blower and see if that changes any angles. The only bad thing is my throttle cable will need to come around the rear of the motor and forward....

Highlimit9000
    I have a copy of the Enderle Linkage instructions if you want them I will try to e-mail them to you?
    I finally got it working properly...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast