Thread: Is it legal to use an alias???

Jim W
    I have a judgement against a guy here in NY since 2002 for $1078.00
    After 4 years he has decided to sue me in small claims court for $5,000.00. Interesting side note.... In filling out the small claims form, he is suing me using a PO box and a cell ph #. So....if I want to counter-sue????
    Not really a problem since I can prove he has no case against me. Because of the dollar amount, I hired an attorney. That part I am not worried about.
    In doing some poking around, I found he has about 6 alias's.
    I now want to get aggressive about getting my judgement taken care of. I need to get him sworn in at the small claims court and have him admit to his alias's so I can go after....who ever he really is.
    So far doing a search of public records I have found he uses... (the last name is not complete-----for legal reasons).
    Aram G. Shir
    Aram S. Shir
    Gholamerz Shir
    Gholamreza Shir
    Gholamerz A. Shir
    Sean A. Shir
    It looks like he is also using...
    Homayoun Shir
    Jaffer Shir
    Mehrangiz Shir
    His wife seems to flip between...
    Paula A. Shir
    Helen S. Shir
    I would love to nail this guy to the wall.
    Any idea if it's legal to use an alias????
    Also, how can I tie all the names to this guy???
    Also, FYI
    using the name Gholamerz Shir... he was stopped by a NYS trooper and took off dragging the Trooper down the road until the Trooper fell out of the window and was later stopped by Troopers and County Deputy's.
    Any help would be appreciated!!
    Be good, Jim

DSW
    Sounds like a freakin terriorist.....

mike37
    why is he suing you

Tom Brown
    Is it legal to use an alias???
    Are you going to ask the court to ban his IP address?

Jbb
    Brown's real name is...Travis Mcgee...

Jim W
    why is he suing you
    I have a storage business for car's, boat's and RV's. This is where my judgement comes from, non-payment of storage fee's.
    This guy called me a couple of months ago and offered me $250.00 to settle his $1,070.00---which is also allowed 9% interest---judgement. I told him, no thanks, pay up.
    So.....now he is trying to sue me, I guess thinking I will get scared and give in or give up????
    Now, I want to go after his bank account's, have his wage's garnished and freeze his NYS vehicle registrations.
    I just need to figure out who he really is???
    Be good, Jim

topless
    I have a storage business for car's, boat's and RV's. This is where my judgement comes from, non-payment of storage fee's.
    This guy called me a couple of months ago and offered me $250.00 to settle his $1,070.00---which is also allowed 9% interest---judgement. I told him, no thanks, pay up.
    So.....now he is trying to sue me, I guess thinking I will get scared and give in or give up????
    Now, I want to go after his bank account's, have his wage's garnished and freeze his NYS vehicle registrations.
    I just need to figure out who he really is???
    Be good, JimIs one of his alias's John Case/later/cupid???

Jim W
    Is one of his alias's John Case/later/cupid???
    Awwwww......
    Look at Topless getting all mushy and stuff over Later.....
    That alias hasnt come up yet....if it does, I will PM ya!!!
    Be good, Jim

TexasChopper
    i help people collect judgments... if you think he has any money and is not a complete bum call me, it might be able to assit you. www.wardinvestigations.com

Dribble
    In answer to your question.
    It is perfectly legal for anyone to use an alias, as long as it is not for an illegal purpose.
    Example
    (1) I go to buy a car and secure credit under a fake name so I can dodge the payments - illegal
    (2) I meet a hottie in a bar and I tell her I'm Justin Timberlake's older brother James Timberlake so I can get lucky with her - legal.
    (3) I give a law enforcement officer a fake name because I have a
    warrant - illegal