I don't get this whole thing. I guess to each their own, different things upset people more than others.
I know there was a whole dealio not too long ago about low-freeboard jets and v-drive owners getting pissed at all the big boats and wakeboard boats, due to their wakes. Of course, the bottom line is, unless it's a private lake, we all have to share and deal with the by-products of others' choices.
Two different times now, I have been out a Buena Vista and had wakeboard boats raise arms at me. The first time, my attention was drawn by the kid yelling at me. I looked in that direction and saw a late-teen/early twenty dude standing in the tourney boat with arms straight out from his sides (like WTF?). I stopped, turned around, and headed toward them because I though maybe something flew out of the boat and they were being nice to call me back.
I idled up to them and asked what was wrong. He said, oh nuthin. I just thought a boat like that would throw out more wake than it does. I just said OH, OK. I put the tips right toward their boat and throttled up.
Last weekend, the wife and I were on our first lap and there was a tourney boat stopped toward the north side. I swung way out south of them, probably 150-175 feet. As I was abeam them, I saw one guy standing in the boat with arms raised. I just ignored and drove on.
The fact of the matter is, when I am on plane, this boat doesn't throw much of a wake at all. Definitely less than a wakeboard boat with weight and a wedge.
The only other think I can think of is how some people get annoyed at peeps just running around the lake with nothing in tow. I can somewhat relate, as when I was a kid, we used to question why people were just running around the lake(s) without a skiier in tow.
I still ski and wakeboard from time to time, but most of the time I just use the boat to get us and friends to the fun locations.
It doesn't upset me, it is more amusing that anything. I am just venting because I think there are so many other things in life and at the lake to be worried about than what someone else chooses to drive.