Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wakes upsetting people?

Beer-30
    For the life of me I can't understand why people think bigger is better? I have no urge to own anything big for river boating. Hell a 24' boat was considered an offshore boat back in the 70's?
    RD
    Well, since you changed the subject, I see it as an "as necessary" approach. I generally have at least 8 peeps on the boat, including the wife and I. Plus, some of them have new-borns, infants, small children. When looking, the wife and I wanted something that would make all our friends and family comfortable and safe. I was looking at 26-28 feet for $55K or less. I happened to find a 30 for the same price that was cleaner than any of the other 26-28s I had seen - and it was the same price. Plus, I have a few more feet to span bigger waves if the need arises.
    Personally, I didn't purchase the boat to go out and swamp smaller boats. I just needed plenty of room for a good price.

Beer-30
    For the life of me I can't understand why people think bigger is better? I have no urge to own anything big for river boating. Hell a 24' boat was considered an offshore boat back in the 70's?
    RD
    .....and a 350 is all that is needed for towing.
    .....and an AM/FM Cassette and two 5.25s is all that is needed for a boat stereo.
    ..so on and so on.

riverfun
    Putting wakeboard boats in the same class as jetskiis is b.s. The reason we now have a no wake zone through the gorge is thanks to all the 26 to 34 foot 2nd mortgages running through it at 80 plus mph. You cant blame that one on anybody else since it was already outlawed to ski or pull a tube or anything else through it.

STV_Keith
    Putting wakeboard boats in the same class as jetskiis is b.s. The reason we now have a no wake zone through the gorge is thanks to all the 26 to 34 foot 2nd mortgages running through it at 80 plus mph. You cant blame that one on anybody else since it was already outlawed to ski or pull a tube or anything else through it.
    Uhh, I don't think we were talking about no-wake zones...we were talking about all the WAKE board boats that go around in circles making WAKES everywhere.
    What do you have again?

HCS
    RD
    In the 60's it was Chinese Junks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567