Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you quit smoking right now...

Huckleberry
    The bummer of your sitch is who knows how many of the critters are living in you attached neighbors homes. Mice, rats, their all disgusting vermin! I had mice a few years back. They tunneled through the drywall of my house after finding a very small crak between the foundation and outer wall. Came home from work one day smelled that familiar rat pee smell in the house. I walked into my offce and saw a small hole in the wal that was not there in the morning. The stench was coming out of that little hole. I opened it up and saw they mad a nest inside my wall. Mr. Shopvac got them too!!!

FMluvswater
    The bummer of your sitch is who knows how many of the critters are living in you attached neighbors homes. Mice, rats, their all disgusting vermin! I had mice a few years back. They tunneled through the drywall of my house after finding a very small crak between the foundation and outer wall. Came home from work one day smelled that familiar rat pee smell in the house. I walked into my offce and saw a small hole in the wal that was not there in the morning. The stench was coming out of that little hole. I opened it up and saw they mad a nest inside my wall. Mr. Shopvac got them too!!!
    The real kicker is this is a new f'ing building! I moved in one month after the building was completed and within the first six months we started seeing mice. They seem to be coming in from the back alley under the generous space under the door. Pest control has repeatedly advised management to put a barrier strip under the door there. So management put rubber strips under all the apartment doors. Genius eh. Guess how long it took them shitters to chew the ends and crawl back into our places? :notam: Mere hours. From where I'm sitting it seems only token effort has been expended to resolve the rodent problem. Don't know what the hold up is and don't care; I'm tired of hearing excuses I just want the lil f'ers gone and gone for good. Bet by the time I move out they'll still have a mice problem here. Whatever.

Huckleberry
    I think I'd be making a few phone calls to the local vector control folks and whoever monitors rental property. Most areas require very few things of landlords, but one of them is to provide a rodent & vermin free living environment.

FMluvswater
    I think I'd be making a few phone calls to the local vector control folks and whoever monitors rental property. Most areas require very few things of landlords, but one of them is to provide a rodent & vermin free living environment.
    I might do that yet. Meantime I've ranted more than enough about it. Back to gritting my teeth.

Huckleberry
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about quitting smoking.

FMluvswater
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread about quitting smoking.
    What he said. :redface:

centerhill condor
    I smoked for 17 years and had tried to stop more than once. One day I set a date about 9 months ahead and on that day I smoked the remaining half pack or so one right after the other. I think that is a variation of cessation therapy minus the $400 bucks an hour asking how I feel about it. Haven't had one since and give God the glory. I did by one of those hand squeezing spring things for the car for about 6 months and a harmonica..did the trick. That was in '94. I gained a little weight and grew and inch or so. Haven't wanted to smoke tobacco. My new wife smoked and drank...she quit the smokes. After a couple years she kept talking about wanting to smoke. We visited my buddy's wife and my wife had a cig. Never wants another one.
    I figured it costs $90 a month to smoke in '94...can't imagine what it costs today!

Moneypitt
    Mice hate second hand smoke. As a smoker I have no mice. Something to consider before you quit...........MP

FMluvswater
    Mice hate second hand smoke. As a smoker I have no mice. Something to consider before you quit...........MP
    :idea: Tempting like you wouldn't believe. If I burn tobacco in lil tinfoil pie plates ... hmm ... smoke alarms are too sensitive so much for that. I should have let my cousin Joey teach me to use the slingshot is what. Hindsight sucks. Looking back on what life was like as a smoker is making me steadfast in never becoming one again. :wink:

Moneypitt
    :idea: Tempting like you wouldn't believe. If I burn tobacco in lil tinfoil pie plates ... hmm ... smoke alarms are too sensitive so much for that. I should have let my cousin Joey teach me to use the slingshot is what. Hindsight sucks. Looking back on what life was like as a smoker is making me steadfast in never becoming one again. :wink:
    By all means stay quit. Mice won't kill you. (well there is that virus thing, but you're better off taking your chances with the mice than with smoking tobacco)...................MP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast