Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: keep your hands off the rhino roll bar when rolling

djunkie
    Hope his hands heals ok. Seriously, how does a Rhino "suddenly spin wildly out of control"? I assume there was either some driver issues or mechanical?
    I was kinda thinking the same. I've driven mine around pretty hard and it never felt like tipping. But I guess accidents do happen. Hopefully it will never happen to me.

Ultrafied
    One of the reasons I went with a Ranger. Rhino's are well known for rollovers .... hence the "leg-minder accessory".

Havasu1986
    Todd969 I think this is what we were talking about on Fri at my house....

Eliminator 4 Life
    That's it!!!! When I get my Rhino I'm taking off the roll bars, that way it won't be so top heavy..
    Hope you friend is going to be okay, the hand looks bad...
    Its gonna be top heavy anyway if I know whos gonna be ridding shot gun haha

Ziggy
    Wrists restraints are sounding like a good idea to me right now.
    Best invention for that............accidents happen a lot when "just going around the block" cuz your usually F'ing around....

havabeer
    truth be known...a bluehair cut him off at a dead end on his street(challenger) so it was either take evasive action or else...\
    and the bitch didnt even stop...
    he called me on the cell with his other hand...he ended up getting airshipped
    to vegas....he'll be okay. but as for the rhino......
    more pics to follow

Ivan Dan
    This thread is the main reason I bought these doors for my Rhino. I think they really help you keep your hands/legs inside. The last thing any of us want to see if something like what happened to your friend. Best wishes and hope he gets better soon.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...67Doors001.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...67Doors002.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...67Doors003.jpg

djunkie
    Best invention for that............accidents happen a lot when "just going around the block" cuz your usually F'ing around....
    Funny thing, since I put my harness's in I fully strap in just to do the cruise around the block. I'm gonna look into the wrist restraints though.

djunkie
    This thread is the main reason I bought these doors for my Rhino. I think they really help you keep your hands/legs inside. The last thing any of us want to see if something like what happened to your friend. Best wishes and hope he gets better soon.
    Those are freakin sweet Dan. I hate to ask what they cost. :2purples: :2purples:

SnakeWrench
    In 1972, a very ggod friend and fellow sprint car racer, Tony Simon, lost his right hand after grabbing the roll cage when he flipped at Santa Maria. He continued to drive for another 15 years with a hook on his right arm.
    The suggestion about the sprint car arm restraints is a good one. They have saved my arms and hands more than once.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast