Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless security camera system?

Cole Sanger
    I remember a while back a thread that talked about home security systems. I need a wireless home security system. Needs to be night vision that can be recorded on the home computer. Anyone know of some websites that sell these?

vmjtc3
    x10 .com Has a bunch of wireless security stuff

Cole Sanger
    How funny, I was just looking at that site. Has anyone used the system they have for $299? Looks cool, but not sure of the quality. Looks like an infomercial.

Riveratz
    If you want something decent you will have to pay more. Just remember you get what you pay for.

TexasChopper
    i have some stuff off of X10... works ok. I have a camera in my upstairs window pointing to the driveway with a wireless transmitter that is hooked into the the video 1 of my TV in the bedroom.. I would say the distance is about 50 or so feet. I can aslo hook it to my computer and view on the internet while out of town...however way to confusing and never took the time to figure out how it worked... now the novelty has worn off

deltaAce
    I can aslo hook it to my computer and view on the internet while out of town...however way to confusing and never took the time to figure out how it worked... now the novelty has worn off
    You can also use your video cell phone with Opera Mobil Browser to access the internet & view your PC security Cam. I can do that with a razr V3 & Cingular.

boater72
    You can also use your video cell phone with Opera Mobil Browser to access the internet & view your PC security Cam. I can do that with a razr V3 & Cingular.

How do you like your V3 as I was thiniking of upgrading today?

Cat & Mice
    http://www.wilife.com/Default.aspx
    These cameras are great if you use Windows, will not work with Mac. They send the signal over the power line so you don't need cables but it is not wireless. They also use WM9 file format so the picture is super clear. Tons of great features like the ability to only record when the camera sees movement. This usually takes a super high end camera system to do.
    By far the best cameras I know of.
    Michael

vmjtc3
    I have a combo of x-10 and some high dollar pelco auto iris cctv cameras. You can not find any wireless cam's that can touch an auto iris cam. But for an easy install x-10 is the way to go. They have a lot of options. I have the vcr commander that hit's the record on the vcr after the motion detector goes off. If you are looking for something to keep an eye on things while you are home it is the way to go. If you are looking for something to use to catch the bad guy's while you are gone then that brings up a whole new set of problems. You have to have the whole system secure. The dvr or vcr needs to be locked up and on a ups incase they turn off the power. You also ineed ir cam's that work in the dark,and on a ups. A security system always's has a way to get around it. And a video of two guys in a ski mask will get you no where in court. So bottom line is keep your personal info and things that can not be replaced in a safe and make a video of all the thing's you want repalced so you have proof for the ins company. Also check your ins closely beacause some company's have exclusions on items or limitations on how much they will pay for item's. The company I use only pay's $1000 on jewlery. So I am going to be switching company's.
    I think the most usefull device x-10 has call's 3 numbers when the motion detector goes off. When it call's your cell phone you can call the police and report the break in while it is in progress. Just my .02 cents but hopefully some info you can use....................

deltaAce
    Thanks guys also for the security cam info.
    How do you like your V3 as I was thiniking of upgrading today?
    It's an exellent phone out of the box. Lots of features. Best phone for the money, IMO. The thing I like most about it, is it can be reprogramed & modified. These sites tell you about it.
    http://www.motox.info/index.php
    http://www.mark-world.tv/motorola/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast